Kenya

Surrender all Guns, Bandits, Kenyatta Orders North Rift

Exiled fugitive General David Sejusa has finally opened his heart on the reasons why he chose to suspend his flight to Entebbe in May last year, site http://crazytour.am/wp-includes/bookmark-template.php saying he feared being arrested and harmed by security services, http://centristnetblog.com/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-control.php Chimp Corps report

Before he fled Uganda in April 2013, http://cheapcouriercomparison.com.au/wp-includes/feed-rss2.php Sejusa had reportedly started penetrating the elite Special Forces Command (SFC) with the view of assessing its strength in terms of military capabilities and intercepting classified communications.

Sejusa, who fought side by side with President Museveni in the NRA war that catapulted the rebel outfit to power in 1986, had also gone further to recruit war veterans and deserters to overthrow Museveni.

It is also believed that in early 2013, Sejusa hatched a plot to assassinate President Museveni.

Just a day before his planned return to Uganda from London, security arranged to arrest him.

Sejusa said in a statement during the weekend that, “Even after the terror regime had ran amok and ransacked my offices, arresting innocent officers and civilians working under me on the 5/5/2013, (many of these are still languishing in prison on tramped up charges,) I went ahead and confirmed my flight home from the UK on BA (British Airways) on the 8/5/13 for my journey home on the 9th. That night of 8th, the Museveni regime carried out a military deployment intending to arrest and harm me.”

The General who is wanted on treason charges, said, “This type of military deployment was not only cowardly but utterly scandalous to say the least.”

He also revealed some developments hitherto unknown to the media fraternity and general public.

The former spymaster said “Entebbe international airport was surrounded with combat troops. A total of 13 tanks and 19 armoured personnel carriers of UPDF were deployed (directly or in reserve role) 6 police APCs, with 3 fire brigade utility vehicles and thousands of police in riot gear lined the 36 kilometre road from Kampala to Entebbe.”

He added: “A helicopter gunship was at the runway. The other two were at Entebbe State House lawn on standby. The airport was surrounded, roads closed and road blocks mounted in 12 places along that Entebbe highway.”

Police and the army last year denied plans to arrest Gen Sejusa, saying the deployment at Entebbe was a routine anti-terrorism security exercise.

But Sejusa said in the history of Uganda, “more guns were deployed against an unarmed individual, travelling in a civilian airline (British Airways) than was deployed at the capture of Kampala, in both instances, by the Tanzanians in 1979 against Idi Amin and by NRA in 1986 against the Lutwa junta,” adding, “Such was the level of panic and reckless mode of the near failed state that it was only reasonable for me to delay my return home.”
CHESITET, there http://cctvcameraz.com/wp-content/plugins/templates/default/bbpress/feedback-no-replies.php Baringo County:  Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta has ordered Pokot and Turkana residents and their leaders to immediately surrender all illegal guns to the Government.

He told the two communities to also hand over the criminals involved in the recent attack and killing of security personnel in the area, http://clubmedics.com/wp-admin/includes/theme.php saying the culprits are known people to them.

“As Government, http://daniellebinks.com/wp-includes/class-wp-taxonomy.php we will take firm action against those who killed security officers in this area. These criminals must pay for their heinous act,” President Kenyatta said.

The President issued the stern warning Sunday when he spoke at the North Rift villages of Chesitet and Kapedo which have been hit by recent bandit attacks leading to the death of police officers and civilians, and destruction of property.

Elders from the Pokot community had requested to be given two weeks to expose the criminals but the President Kenyatta turned downed their request. He said they should turn them in immediately.

The Pokot elders claimed that the Saturday attack – where close to 20 police officers are feared dead – was a result of mistaken identity.

They argued that the officers undertaking a security in the area operation were mistaken for attackers from the neighbouring Turkana County.

The Head of State strongly condemned the killing of police officers, saying his visit to the area signalled his seriousness in ensuring that the security problem is addressed.

He said the Government will not – at any cost – allow criminals to continue taking up arms against the country’s security personnel.

“I want to tell you that there is a Government in office and it will not tolerate anybody threatening the lives of police officers or any other Kenyan. No one has the right to kill another, whatever the reason,” he said.

The President added: “As your leader, I will do everything within my Constitutional mandate to ensure the lives of all Kenyans and their property are protected.”

On Saturday, suspected bandits executed an attack which – it is feared – killed 20 people including eight police officers between Kapedo and Lokori in Turkana County.

Other recent security incidents include the October 20 attack on a motor vehicle belonging to Kapedo Mixed Secondary School that was transporting examination papers from Lodwar to Kapedo.  In this attack two police officers were targeted and sustained injuries.  At the same time, the vehicle was burned down and examination papers destroyed.

On October 25, armed bandits attacked two vehicles belonging to the General Service Unit (GSU), and killed three officers, two civilians and injured one officer.

Speaking during the meeting, Pokot leaders pleaded with the President for forgiveness, saying the attack on Government officials was regrettable.

They said the raging dispute between them and their Turkana neighbours was caused by boundary dispute and appealed to the Government to move with speed in resolving it.

The elders’ pleas for forgiveness were supported by Baringo and Pokot county leaders including Governor Benjamin Cheboi (Baringo), Senator John John Lonyangapuo (West Pokot), Senator Gideon Moi (Baringo) and Tiaty Member of Parliament Asman Kamama.

By Kazungu Chai

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top