Following the fire outbreak that destroyed goods worth millions of shillings in Kisenyi last night, pill http://cprescue.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-media-list-table.php Police fire Directorate boss, http://chicken33.com/commande/wp-includes/author-template.php Joseph Mugisa has urged grain mill operators in the area not only to target making high profits but also to ensure safety of their premises against fires.
Last night, fire believed to have been caused by a short circuit razed down a maize mill in Church Zone, Kisenyi destroying over sixty bags of maize flour and fifty of grain belonging to one, James Kirya.
“We have been involved in fighting fire outbreaks at Kisenyi for a number of times, but I would like to advise all proprietors of grain mills to only use qualified electricians, construct permanent structures instead of the makeshift ones and also separate stores from the processing sections” Mugisa said.
In an interview with Chimpreports, Mugisa said that once the safety measures are put in place, fire outbreaks will drastically be reduced.
Mugisa further advised the mill owners to reduce the number of workers order to avoid congestion and also to space the machines in the mills to ease fire fighting in case of an outbreak.
Meanwhile, the fire brigade directorate is preparing a sensitization campaign where mill owners and employees operating in Kisenyi are to be sensitized on fire safety.
The resumption of military clashes between rebels and South Sudan armed forces after President Sava Kiir and Dr Riek Machar agreed to end hostilities have raised fresh concerns about their commitment to pull the country from the political instability that has devastated human life and left a trail of bloodshed and destruction.
The Military Spokesman for SPLA in Opposition, purchase http://cirquebijou.co.uk/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-ms-sites-list-table.php Brig. Gen. Lul Ruai Koang, visit told Chimpreports on Monday afternoon that SPLA today morning attacked the rebels’ positions in the volatile Unity and Upper Nile States.
“This is to inform the people of South Sudan, IGAD Special Envoys, region and the international community government forces have just launched coordinated attacks on our forces in Unity and Upper Nile States in direct violation of Re-dedication of and Implementation of Modalities for the Cessation of Hostilities Agreement,” said Koang.
“At dawn, Kiir’s forces attacked Dukduk and Gerbenna north and northeast of Renk County in northern Upper Nile State whereas Phome El Zaref, the Administrative HQs of Fangak County in northern Jonglei State is currently under heavy shelling from Tonga, on western bank of the White Nile River,” he added.
This website understands that clashes are currently ongoing in Pareng County, Unity State.
SPLA officials were not readily available for comment but have repeatedly accused rebels of starting the attacks before turning around to accuse government forces of opening war on their territories.
“The government is entirely responsible for these unnecessary attacks motivated by its desires and attempts to recapture Oil Fields under our control before a Permanent Cessation Agreement could be signed,” alleged Koang.
During the peace talks in Addis Ababa last week, South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir and former Vice President Riek Machar committed themselves to an unconditional and complete end to hostilities.
They also agreed to immediately stop recruitment and mobilization of civilians.
The talks commenced on Thursday running through Friday into the wee hours of Saturday morning and culminated in resolutions that appeared to signal an end to the South Sudan conflict.
A communique issued at the end of the IGAD Summit warned South Sudan warring parties that any violation of the cessation of hostilities agreement would attract stern interventions to protect life and restore peace and stability.
The sanctions will include freeze of assets owned by the violators, travel bans and blocking supply of materials that could be used in war.
The Summit brought together President Yoweri Museveni (Uganda), Omar Bashir (Sudan), Ismail Guelleh (Djibouti) and Hassan Sheikh Mohamud (Somalia), President Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn.
Meanwhile, a summary report by IGAD accused all parties of violating the ceasefire agreements.
Government was faulted for acts of violence including summary executions, displacement of populations, torture, destruction of property, attacking civilian aircrafts, vehicles or riverboats and recruitment of child soldiers.
Rebels were accused of reigniting tensions in the country by opening fresh military operations against government forces in October as Kiir and Machar were preparing for peace talks in Ethiopia.