As the regional forces prepare for a fully-fledged military onslaught against FDLR in Eastern Congo, medicine http://cigc.unimap.edu.my/plugins/system/pwframework/pwframework/classes/class.command.php the genocidal militia has started killing civilians in cold blood, viagra order http://cyclopeperu.com/wp-includes/class-wp-metadata-lazyloader.php Chimp Corps report.
This could turn out to be the militia’s new leverage in blackmailing the international community to thwart a looming military offensive on the rebels’ hideouts in the densely forested areas of North Kivu.
The ADF early this year threatened to kill civilian Tutsi in Eastern Congo should the UN Joint Intervention Brigade opens war on their territories.
Chimpreports has now learnt that FDLR fighters between November 3 and 5 slaughtered 13 people before raping scores of women in the remote areas of Misoke and Misau in Walikale, North Kivu.
The Civil Society confirmed the killings, urging government to do more to protect civilians.
“If regional forces decide to fight FDLR, we must find ways of protecting civilians on the onset of the military operation and after the operations,” said Aise Kanendu, an official of the CREDDHO, a local NGO.
ICGLR and SADC have since ordered FDLR, a militia whose leadership and ideology are blamed for the 1994 genocide in Rwanda, to surrender by January 2, 2015 or face the wrath of military action.
The United Nations Security Council last week reiterated that the “swift neutralization” of the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda (FDLR) armed group is a top priority in bringing stability to and protecting the civilians of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and the Great Lakes region.
UN gives green light to military action
The 15-member body noted in a press statement that 2 October marked the half-way point of the six-month timeframe for the voluntary surrender of the FDLR as set out by the joint International Conference of the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) and Southern African Development Community (SADC) meeting of Ministers of Defence on 2 July.
Since that date “no further voluntary surrenders of members of the FDLR have happened and the FDLR have failed to deliver on their public promise to voluntarily demobilize,” the Council noted with deep concern.
Leaders and members of the FDLR are among the perpetrators of the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda, during which Hutu and others who opposed the genocide were also killed, the Council recalled.
UN said FDLR is a group under UN sanctions which has continued to promote and commit ethnically based and other killings in Rwanda and in the DRC.
Rwanda Foreign Affairs Minister, Louise Mushikiwabo maintains her country is “ready for FDLR whether armed or unarmed.”
Council members reaffirmed support for regional commitments made by the ICGLR and SADC to end the threat of armed groups and undertake a three-month review of the FDLR disarmament process.
Rwanda has consistently warned it will not allow FDLR to continue recruiting militants and stockpiling weapons across the border.
Officials said it was important to conclude this process swiftly, have a clearly defined end-state and support the process through credible military action by the DRC, with the support of the UN Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO).
They stressed that “only substantial progress toward the full demobilization called for by the region and committed to by the FDLR could justify any further reprieve from military action against the FDLR.”
The Council said it would assess the process through the number of surrenders, the number of working weapons handed over, the agreement of those surrendering to be transferred to holding areas determined by the DRC government in coordination with MONUSCO, and the transfer of control over territory to the DRC authorities.
The Council reiterated its call on the Government of the DRC, in coordination with MONUSCO, to undertake military action against those leaders and members of the FDLR who do not engage in the demobilization process or who continue to carry out human rights abuses.
It also concurred with Rwandan government that there was no need for political dialogue with the FDLR, reaffirming the need to arrest and bring to justice those responsible war crimes.
MultiChoice Uganda has rolled out the MultiChoice Resource Centre programme in the eastern district of Mbale.
Fourteen schools across the district have had digital learning equipment installed in their classrooms and turned into MultiChoice Resource Centers.
The MultiChoice Resource Centers (MRC) programme, this site http://curarlaimpotencia.com/wp-includes/comment-template.php is an Africa wide Corporate Social Investment initiative that aims at enhancing the traditional classroom learning experience using digital technology such as Television.
Speaking at the launch, salve http://costpricesupplements.com.au/wp-includes/ms-files.php the Chairman MultiChoice Uganda, Mr. Steven Musoke said, “As an African business it is our belief that we need to make meaningful contribution to develop the communities where we operate, broadening the learning experience forms an important part of this strategy and we are proud to be playing a small but meaningful part in the national development effort”.
He continued “So far we have equipped over 70 MRCs in schools across the country and our plan is to more than double this number over the next few years. We are confident that working with our partner the Ministry of Education this will be possible and we are very grateful for their tireless support as we continue the roll out this project”.
Officiating at the launch of the MRC programme at Nyondo Secondary School, the acting Commissioner for Secondary Schools Mr. Kule Bart thanked MultiChoice Uganda for playing such an active role in supplementing the Ministry’s efforts in enhancing education across the country
He noted that, “MultiChoice is a unique company that understands the need to have a delicate balance between making money and re-investment in the market where they operate,” he stated adding that investing in education is the best way of ensuring this is possible.
He further urged the school heads and students where the resource centers have been installed to maximize the opportunity and to look beyond their immediate surroundings “The world is no longer what we just see around us, we live in a truly competitive global village.
Closing the event while giving a vote of thanks, MultiChoice Uganda Public Relations Manager, Tina Wamala spoke about the benefits of MRC initiative and noted that the opportunities it offers will only be impactful if the students and teachers utilize the tools effectively for the purpose they were intended, “we have provided the equipment and the training what we cannot provide is the desire to learn and absorb the information.” “The hard part starts with you and it starts now”.
The MRC programme is part of the continental MultiChoice Africa initiative, backed by NEPAD so far covering over 1,000 schools across the continent and more than 200,000 students benefiting from the programme since its inception in 2004.
In April 2011, the project was re-launched in Uganda after the signing of an MOU between the Ministry and MultiChoice which sought to bring more schools onto the programme extending the reach and impact of the MRC programme to all parts of the country. The launch of the programme in the Eastern region in Mbale brings to five the number of regions across the country that have now been covered.