News

Xenophobic Attackers Must Face The ICC, Says DP

DP Spokesperson Kenneth Paul Kakande

The Anti-corruption court in Kololo has adjourned to Monday April 27, capsule http://daa.asn.au/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-countries.php for the judgment of the case in which 6 of Telecom giants MTN Uganda’s former employees are accused of defrauding money amounting to Shs 10.2 billion in 2011.

Former MTN top employees implicated in the gross scandal include Patrick Sentongo the then telecom company’s Finance Manager, viagra order http://chicagoarchitecture.org/wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php Joan Nabugwawo a cashier/agent, http://davepallone.com/wp-admin/includes/class-bulk-theme-upgrader-skin.php and Brian Okurut, the then Revenue Assurance Analyst.

Others are Richard Mwami who at that time was MTN’s Head of Public Access [Overall Mobile Money boss], Angella Ayo and Eriya Baryamwijuka, who were assistant revenue analysts.

The accused are said to have conspired, taking advantage of what termed as a ‘bogus’ MTN Mobile Money computer system, [known in the company as “fundamo”], to create nonexistent e-money [float], to a tune of Shs 10.2 billion, which they wired to their own formulated accounts and cashed it, before resigning from their jobs but were later busted and reported to police.

In his evidence, MTN’s former head of the NIS department Praise Lubega told court of how he had liaised with police detectives to screen the breached so-called fundamo and obtained documented evidence pinning the accused.

Court also heard that the accused, led by Patrick Sentongo created e-money [float] on the MTN Adjustment for Discrepancy Account using fraudulently generated journal entries, before wiring it to the Dispute Account and later cashing it in a number of denominations through Joan Nabugwawo.

Justice Lawrence Gidudu today, Tuesday told both sides that the judgment was not ready and  set Monday  as the date  he will be ready with it.
Uganda’s Opposition Democratic Party (DP) has written to South Africa’s Ambassador to Uganda expressing dissatisfaction over the manner in which the government of President Jacob Zuma of South Africa has handled the xenophobic attacks against African immigrants.

The attacks that broke out weeks ago have so far claimed 8 lives and according to DP spokesperson, more about http://chasingjamesbeard.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/vine.php Paul Kenneth Kakande, South Africa’s government has not done enough to bring the perpetrators to account.

“All leaders that are involved in spearheading these attacks should be held accountable for their actions at the International Criminal Court (ICC) to answer charges of crimes against humanity and genocide,” Kakande emphasized.

The xenophobic attacks are believed to have sparked off after the Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithin made a public speech calling on all foreigners to live the country.

Kakande described as shameful, that South Africans whose battle against apartheid was fought by a united force of all Africans, had now turning against them.

“These barbaric actions are unacceptable and must be aggressively fought in such an era; the South African government must apologize to the entire world and also ensure that sanity is restored.”

Kakande on the same note accused the Ugandan government for doing less to ensure that its citizens in South Africa are safe and repatriated.

“Many neighboring countries are in plans of repatriating their citizens and some have already started on the process but nothing is so far done by our government.”

He thus appealed to the Ugandan Parliament to pass a resolution condemning the barbaric actions against fellow Africans and force the South African government to account for all their mess ups.

 

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top