News

World Bank’s Bigombe Returns to Work with Museveni on South Sudan

Betty Bigombe

Heads turned at State House Entebbe on Friday when the World Bank’s Senior Director for Conflict, this Violence and Fragility, Betty Atuku Bigome appeared ready for work.

Many officials at the State House thought that Bigombe who resigned from Cabinet in 2014 to join World Bank was returning to work again under President Yoweri Museveni’s administration.

The protocol immediately took Ms. Bigombe to a special room where she met Museveni with huge files that no one including the security knew the content.

A few moments after their meeting, Museveni and Bigombe headed to the hall where the South Sudanese ruling party faction officials had been kept waiting for a reunification conference.

The documents that later circulated giving Bigombe the title of Technical Advisor sent even more shock waves across State House.

“Mego (senior lady) appeared here with her files ready for work and she indeed worked. We couldn’t tell the arrangement between her and Mzee (Museveni),” a source at State House said.

ChimpReports has learned that Bigombe flew in recently for a specific assignment in her capacity at the World Bank.

In a phone interview with ChimpReports on Monday morning, Ms. Bigombe said South Sudan is among the 68 nations across the globe that she is working to end violence.

“It’s true I was at State House on Friday and truly work with President Museveni that day. I’m here as the head of Conflict, Violence and Fragility at World Bank,” Bigome said.

“South Sudan is among the 68 countries I’m handling to bring peace’” she added.

The Friday event at State House managed to unite two factions of SPLM who agreed to work together for peace in South Sudan.

Ms. Bigombe is expected to fly back to Washington DC, over the weekend.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top