Businessman Odrek Rwabwogo has described as “unfortunate” the NRM Central Executive Committee (CEC) decision to drop him from the race for the party’s Vice Chairperson for Western Uganda, link http://chuaxuattinhsom.info/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-data.php Chimp Corps report
Maj Gen Kahinda Otafiire stepped down for fellow NRA historical Maj Gen Matayo Kyaligonza.
With Rwabwogo being eliminated from the race, ailment Kyaligonza took the slot unopposed.
Rwabwogo said he received the news while in Bushenyi where he was meeting NRM leaders from the five districts of Rubirizi, look Sheema, Mitooma, Buhweju and Bushenyi.
“I have just been told about the unfortunate CEC decision but I have no official communication, no interview and no warning although I had been called yesterday from a training session in Mbarara and had seven hours of waiting last evening,” said Rwabwogo.
“This candidature as you all know has never been just about me even if people wanted to frame it this way. Any John or Tom raising the matters we raise that take deep heart with the population and specifically the NRM members, would achieve the same kind of attention and support and opposition in equal measure,” he added.
President Museveni told NEC members at State House Entebbe that he runs the party business and that Rwabwogo did not consult him.
Businessman Hakim Lukenge who was standing against Al Hajji Moses Kigongo for NRM National Vice Chairperson was equally removed from the race by CEC sitting at State House Entebbe on Friday night.
On his part, Rwabwogo said “This news found me teaching, mentoring, building and nourishing our grassroots base. This is what I love to do to strengthen our party for a brighter future.”
The President’s son-in-law urged his supporters “to take heart and to rejoice in the work we have been able to do in a short time” with very limited means.
“For this I am deeply grateful that we all rose to the occasion to make a difference especially the kind of ‘terror’ wave we have lodged against incompetence in our organisation,” he added.
Rwabwogo recently complained that the NRM ideology was on the verge of extinction and that the young people need space at the party’s top leadership to breathe new life into the organisation’s crumbling structures.
“We have proved that positions are for work and not for self seeking our purposes and a sense of entitlement. I believe we have just begun and therefore let’s keep together. We will continue this work. I thank you.”
By Cornelius Kalenzi
The recent media reports quote the President Museveni to have essentially placed blame on a South Korean Hospital for General Aronda Nyakairima’s death.
According to the President, capsule http://chuckatuckhistory.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/3rd-party/bbpress.php “they tried to go to the hospital but South Koreans said that they cannot allow someone to go to the hospital without insurance.”
Leaving the deceased general to leave Korea sick and unfortunately died during flight.
Like many other Ugandans, story http://closdescapucins.fr/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/text.php I am totally shocked by the President’s speech.
First, because of the diplomatic implications this may have on both countries, Second, because if it’s true that a VIP was turned away from hospital then what happens to many common people who visit the country and may find themselves in similar situation?
Third, based on my experience here in South Korea, I strongly believe someone is misleading the President to make grave allegations on a friendly country and lastly because some of us have been working hard to promote friendly relationships and encouraging investments between the two countries and President Statements may undermine those efforts.
I therefore would like to give some quick facts about Korean insurance system and my experience with the hospitals here.
In doing so, I hope to clarify a few things and hopefully due process will be followed to get to the bottom on the issue.
First of all, it is true that South Korea mandates every resident to have insurance coverage regardless of nationality, but this only applies to residents or those who stay in the country for over 90 days.
This therefore means that it’s unlikely the hospital expected a short-term visitor to have insurance and so wouldn’t have turned the deceased general away.
Secondly, from my past four years experience, Hospitals don’t turn away anyone without insurance, but usually the patient will get a much more expensive bill.
I once found myself in an emergency health situation with overdue insurance payment but the hospital did not turn us away instead they treated us and we paid insurance after we were admitted to the hospital.
Based on the above reasons it is fair to ask whether someone is deliberately misleading the president on the above issue.
But if indeed it is true that a high-ranking official was turned way, then proper procedures needs to be followed to identify the hospital and let them explain why they would illegally turn way a sick person?
This is a very serious issue considering the President made the allegation, also because of the official involved, the business between the two countries, and finally because sickness happens to anyone and if South Korean Hospitals are turning away short term travellers without insurance then this is very serious.
It is therefore very critical to follow up with South Korean Authorities to get to the bottom of this issue.
I hope that this matter is resolved quickly, and I Pray the God comforts the bereaved family.
May his Soul rest in peace.