Football

Villa Set for Albino Awareness Match

SC Villa lineup

Isa Ahmed Luyima, ampoule http://citrusresearch.org/wp-includes/cron.php one of the 13 suspects in the July 11 2010 Lugogo bombings has narrated to court how he was tortured by Kenyan, buy more about http://ctabuenosaires.org.ar/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php Ugandan and FBI operatives in a bid to confess having masterminded the terror attack.

This came after the defence lawyers led by Caleb Alaka didn’t agree with evidence by state witness and Hoima Chief Magistrate Francis Kobusheshe that he had recorded an extra judicial statement from Luyima who confessed having been part of the plot to bomb Uganda.

“My Lord we have instructions from one of the accused challenging the statements made by him. He says it was induced by way of torture and threats in a bid to confess and we object to it, http://codapostproduction.com/wp/wp-includes/class-walker-comment.php ” Alaka told court before Justice Alphonse Owiny-Dollo asked the defence lawyers to bring witnesses to testify to that.

Header advertisement

Luyima Narrates

The 38 year old suspect told court that on August 5, 2010 while moving on one of the streets in Mombasa, he was surrounded by vehicles before armed men jumped off and cocked guns before bundling him onto a waiting truck that drove off at break-neck speed.

The suspect said he was handcuffed and his legs tied with chains.

“I heard them communicate on their walkie-talkies that their next destination was CPS. I later came to identify my captors as being officers from the Anti-Terrorism police of Kenya after asking me to take them home as they searched the whole house,” Luyima told court.

“The officers who were more than 15 asked me to open my bedroom and searched it thoroughly before being returned to CPS (Kenya) where I was put into a cell where they could remove me later to go for interrogations.”

According to Luyima, he was put in a room referred to as self-contained with a bathroom and toilet but had all been blocked and could sleep on the ground.

Luyima told court that the interrogation comprised both Kenyan and Ugandan officers who asked him to identify from the pictures shown to him among the scholars, Sheikhs and businessmen who were involved in terror related activities.

“One Ugandan officer stood up and said in Luganda that if I fell short of assisting them, I would then be brought back to Kampala to face the consequences. The Kenya Anti- terrorism boss  only identified as Kamende urged me to cooperate with them, infiltrate the radical Muslim groups and that I would give them the results as soon as possible.”

The suspect told court that he was asked to accept that he had trained with Al Shabaab and had acquired guns on top of explosives but on refusal to agree with his captors’ terms, he was brought to Uganda.

“Later in the evening I was removed from the cells and taken to Moi International Airport at break-neck speed to a waiting unmarked plane which had white and black colours. I was then tied to one of the seats, blindfolded and the journey started.”

“We landed at the military base in Entebbe before being bundled into a waiting vehicle that drove off to Kampala. At around 7pm we arrived at a place I later came to know as JAAT headquarters in Kololo. I found other hooded men whose faces I could not see.”

Eating stones

Luyima narrated that he was at eventually undressed with some men beating him mercilessly using clubs and batons as they told him that his cries could not help.

The suspect said another officer at the rank of captain brought him a stone before asking him to take a bite off it instead of the being hit with it 10 times as had earlier been planned.

“After managing to get a piece from the stone, I was added to the other suspects and put into a matatu van and ordered not to raise our heads as we headed to some unknown  location. When we reached our destination, some people said they were hungry but were then lucky that some food had been brought,” Luyima narrated.

“Two men threw me into a bathtub before turning on water pipes. I was fully immersed in the water and struggle for breath. I was later asked to move on my back, an exercise I could not afford due to horrible pain.”

The 38-year-old suspect said he was later asked to climb a wall with the legs up whereas his head was down before being left to sleep.

The following day, according to Luyima, they were later taken back to JAAT headquarters where he found another operative only identified as Namara who asked him to open the mouth wide before he was pricked with a needle as they asked him to confess to planning the Kampala bombings.

“They asked me to confess being part of the Al Shabaab and having masterminded the attacks at Kyadondo and Ethiopian restaurant. I was told that if I didn’t heed to their request, I would be taken to the theatre. Meanwhile on being taken to the theatre, we found Mohamoud Mugisha who was now whimpering in pain after being tortured. The fear of consistent torture compelled me to confess to planning the bombings.”

Luyima said that it was at that time that he recorded his first statement while at JATT in the presence of operatives from Kenya, Uganda and FBI.

The suspect, however, said he had complained to one FBI agent how he had been tortured but the official simply told him to keep quiet as he had been part of the group that had killed their (Americans) people.

“Later, I was taken to the JATT chief who said I should not feel like an outcast and that I could be rehabilitated like many from LRA and ADF had been after confessing. I was later taken to the CMI chief Brig. James Mugira’s office and asked to confess to the media and ask for forgiveness from the nation.”

Luyima told court that he sustained injuries due to the torture around the hip bone, bums and knees.

The trial judge adjourned the case to Thursday June 25, 2015.

Thirteen suspects from Somali, Uganda, Tanzanian and Kenya are charged with masterminding the July 11, 2010 twin bombings at Kyadondo and Ethiopian Village Restaurant in Kabalagala that killed more than 70 people who were watching World Cup finals.

Somalia based armed group have since claimed responsibility for the attack as revenge to Uganda for sending her troops under the AMISOM to the war-torn country.
Newly crowned 2015 Uganda Cup champions and Azam premier league runners-up, approved http://dentistryatthepark.com/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/contact-form.php SC Villa are expected to arrive in Dar es Salaam, this http://cocktaildream.be/wp-content/plugins/slider-image/slider_options.php Tanzania on Thursday morning ready for a charity match against giants Young Africans SC (Yanga).

As confirmed by the CEO who doubles as the club’s PRO, purchase Mr Ivan Kakembo, Villa travelled to Tanzania in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and will be playing on Saturday.

“A delegation of 22 people has this morning (Wednesday), 5.00am, departed for Tanzania, where we are to participate in a charity game against Yanga FC (SC),” Mr. Kakembo said in a statement to the media.

The match is organized by Nyumbani Kwanza Media Group and is scheduled to take place on Saturday evening.

The main aim of the charity game is to create awareness about the killings of Albinos in Tanzania and other parts of Africa.

“Through this match, we believe we are playing a vital part in the bid to end these killings (Albino).

SC Villa is expected back on Monday. The following are the set of players and officials that travelled.

Isaac Kirabira (C), Yeseri Waibi , Paul Patrick Mboowa, Abel Eturude, Taddeo Lwanga, Umar Kasumba, Henry Katongole, Augustine Nsumba,Sulaiman Ochero, Abdul- Karim Kasule, James Kasibante, Robert Achema, Misi Katende, Denis Kamanzi, Henry Mugoya, Ashadu Bugembe, Nicholas Ssebwato, Jonathan Mugabi.

Officials:

Topher Musoke- Leader of delegation Ibrahim Kirya- Head Coach

Philip Obwiny- Technical manager

Abdallah Ssemambo- Team doctor

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top