Header advertisement
News

‘UNRA Compensated an Impostor for Land We Rightfully Own’

Fredrick Semakula, presents his case to the commission on Friday

President Yoweri Museveni has confided to international media that Somali based Muslim extremists Al Shabaab could have taken some of the UPDF troops in Somalia as prisoners, approved http://contesta.fusolab.net/abrespc_events.php and blamed his own commanders for being “asleep” in allowing a recent attack on an African Union base.

Museveni is being quoted as saying that 19 soldiers were killed and six were missing following the Sept. 1 attack. The president’s figure departs significantly from the number of bodies [12] that were confirmed by the army.

The militant group Al-Shabab has said it killed 50 Ugandan soldiers at the base in Janale, health 65 kilometers (40 miles) southwest of the Somali capital Mogadishu.

Header advertisement

Tasked to elucidate on the deadly attack, remedy the army spokesperson Col Paddy Ankunda dismissed claims by the Al shabaab that a number of UPDF soldier had been taken as hostages .

Ankunda said the rebels could have grabbed a few UPDF uniforms and that they could dress up some of their men to show off.

But Museveni strongly castigated the reluctance of the army commanders and said some of them would face the Court Martial.

“It was the mistake of our own soldiers,” Museveni reportedly told a small group of reporters in Tokyo, where he was wrapping up a visit to discuss Uganda-Japan ties. “Our commanders were asleep, not alert. And we have suspended those commanders. They will face a court marital.”

Ugandan troops are part of an African Union Mission in Somalia to help the government fight al-Shabab, which is allied to the al-Qaida network.

The militants have been driven from Mogadishu and other strongholds, but still operate in some rural parts of the country and carry out deadly attacks.

Museveni dismissed suggestions that they remain a potent force, attributing the success of the recent attack to Ugandan military weaknesses.

“They are not strong, the al-Shabab are bankrupt,” he said. “We shall defeat them. We have already defeated them.”
President Yoweri Museveni has confided to international media about the likelihood that Somali based Muslim extremists Al Shabaab could have taken some of the UPDF troops in Somalia as prisoners, dosage http://cuencahighlife.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/wordads.php and blamed his own commanders for being “asleep” in allowing a recent attack on an African Union base.

Museveni is being quoted as saying that 19 soldiers were killed and six were missing following the Sept. 1 attack. The president’s figure departs significantly from the number of bodies [12] that were confirmed by the army.

The militant group Al-Shabab has said it killed 50 Ugandan soldiers at the base in Janale, advice http://contraboli.ro/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/json-endpoints/class.wpcom-json-api-render-shortcode-endpoint.php 65 kilometers (40 miles) southwest of the Somali capital Mogadishu.

Tasked to elucidate on the deadly attack, http://crijpa.fr/wp-content/plugins/backupwordpress/classes/class-path.php the army spokesperson Col Paddy Ankunda dismissed claims by the Al shabaab that a number of UPDF soldier had been taken as hostages .

Ankunda said the rebels could have grabbed a few UPDF uniforms and that they could dress up some of their men to show off.

But Museveni strongly castigated the reluctance of the army commanders and said some of them would face the Court Martial.

“It was the mistake of our own soldiers,” Museveni reportedly told a small group of reporters in Tokyo, where he was wrapping up a visit to discuss Uganda-Japan ties. “Our commanders were asleep, not alert. And we have suspended those commanders. They will face a court marital.”

Ugandan troops are part of an African Union Mission in Somalia to help the government fight al-Shabab, which is allied to the al-Qaida network.

The militants have been driven from Mogadishu and other strongholds, but still operate in some rural parts of the country and carry out deadly attacks.

Museveni dismissed suggestions that they remain a potent force, attributing the success of the recent attack to Ugandan military weaknesses.

“They are not strong, the al-Shabab are bankrupt,” he said. “We shall defeat them. We have already defeated them.”
Another of the many individuals has lodged a complaint to the UNRA probe commission of failure to be compensated by the roads Authority.

In a statement made to the commission on August 31 by Fredrick Semakula, price http://civicgentledentalcare.com.au/wp-admin/includes/taxonomy.php 59 a resident of Butega Kamengo in Mpigi said that the construction of the Kampala Masaka highway affected their land Block 175 Plot 66 Kanyike, http://currencyaffairs.org/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php Kamengo, Mawokota.

“By the time the exercise started, I was out of the country. I came back from the US in the very year (2011) and started following up with UNRA for compensation of the land reclaimed for the expansion.”

Semakula said that the land in question belonged to the late Zevirini Ssebugula SS, his grandfather who passed away in 1968. Semakula is one of the 6 administrators of the 8 square mile estate situated in Kamego, Kanyike village in Mpigi district.

His statement further read “We also do have squatters on the said land and have been paying tax (busuulu). I wish to state that all our squatters (bibanja holders) who were affected by the said road expansion were paid off by UNRA.”

In his testimony, Semakula said when he and the other administrators went to COWI offices to follow up the matter, James Okiror an employee of COWI told them that the land already had a claimant. The administrators were showed a file of Hajji Haruna Kavuma Musayi the said claimant.

“Eventually our lawyer Kasumba Kugonza wrote to the ED UNRA informing him that we were the rightful beneficiaries of the estate and that Hajji Musayi had fraudulently acquired the land titles. We were surprised to hear that UNRA had called for Hajji Musayi’s file from COWI offices, done their own investigations and established that he was the rightful owner of the land.”

He said that their efforts to get an explanation from UNRA were futile as they were made to sit in the boardroom unattended to. They were tipped by one of the employees at UNRA that compensation to Hajji Musayi was already underway.

This prompted Semakula to open a case at police under file number LPPU KMP 137/2014. Despite letters from the CIID and President’s office written to UNRA asking that compensation be halted pending investigations, UNRA went ahead to pay Hajji Musayi.

According to Semakula, Musayi was compensated 700M on his account held in UBA Bank, Jinja Road. What raises more suspicion is the fact that the name Serunjogi Robert (one of the estate administrators) appears on the strip maps possessed by UNRA which should be proof enough for ownership.

The commission chair Justice Catherine Bamugemereire said that the individuals involved would soon be questioned and that the commission would establish the truth.

Among those to be questioned is Pamela Ankunda and Robert Odongpiny both land compensation specialists at UNRA and Oumo Simon the police officer to whom this case was assigned.

Advertisement
Comments

Header advertisement
To Top