Politics

Uganda’s Situation is Ready For Action – Gen Sejusa

Gen Sejusa flanked by PPP Chairman Dick Odur speaking to journalists on Tuesday

South Sudan President Gen. Salva Kiir who is also the Commander-in-Chief of national army, prostate http://cippico.com/wp/wp-includes/class-wp-http-curl.php SPLA, this site http://chelseamamma.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-bbpress-json-api-compat.php has ordered Gen. Johnson Olony who has currently taken over Upper Nile State Capital Malakal to appear in Juba in 24 hours.

This website has exclusively learnt that Kiir made the oders on Sunday night while chairing an impromptu National Security Council meeting at the SPLA headquarters in Bilpam in Juba on the troubling events in Malakal.

Gen. Olony, pills http://dan.rabarts.com/wp-includes/ms-files.php the commander of South Sudan Democratic Movement (SSDM) which was a few years ago integrated in the SPLA, has been stationed in Upper Nile.

Header advertisement

However, last Wednesday, Gen Olony’s forces clashed with fellow SPLA soldiers under Upper Nile State Governor Simon Kun Puoch.

This was after a small misunderstanding erupted among the soldiers.

Gen. Olony’s forces attacked the home of the governor who fled and took refuge at the United Nations camp in Malakal.

They subsequently took over the control of Malakal after hours of serious fighting against SPLA colleagues who were supporting the “deposed” governor.

Mr. Kun is currently in Juba after sneaking from the UN camp.

President Kiir, who was away in Istanbul, Turkey when the incident took place, immediately on his return summoned the National Security Meeting to arrest the situation.

Kiir’s judgement was that since Riek Machar’s rebels are also operating in the Upper Nile State, the former Vice President would exploit the tense atmosphere to lure Gen Olony’s royalists.

The latest developments underscore the heightened security challenges faced by South Sudan as Kiir struggles to crackdown on warlords.

During the Bilpam meeting, sources say, Kiir was reportedly furious on how Gen. Olony managed to take charge of ammunition and money meant to support SPLA in fighting Machar.

Intelligence shows that when Olony was appointed Gen. Johnson Gony’s deputy, he was given a good cache of weapons from the SPLA and started receiving direct payment and allowance for 6,000 soldiers yet he actually boasts a force of 2,000 soldiers.

Kiir tasked the SPLA Chief of Staff, Gen Paul Mawan Along who also attended the meeting to explain the circumstances under which, the stubborn general managed to tilt the tide of war in favour of the state’s enemies.

“The C-I-C wanted not just a brief but an explanation on how Gen. Olony acquired all he has from the SPLA,” a source said last night.

After realising that there was no immediate clarification on the matter, Kiir ordered the Chief of Staff to make sure Gen. Olony reports to Juba within 24 hours.

The deadline expired on Monday night. SPLA’s next step remains unclear.
President Yoweri Museveni has told the media in the United States how he prides in the role he has played in getting Uganda back on track through his thirty year tenure as the president of the Republic of Uganda.

“There is so much freedom in Uganda that it’s nearly anarchy, dosage http://dcdal.org/components/com_k2/views/item/view.raw.php ” Museveni joked, hospital http://chuckatuckhistory.com/wp-admin/includes/export.php during an interview with the Associated Press in New York yesterday.

Casual in an un-tucked dress shirt during an interview at his hotel room in midtown Manhattan, look the president gave his version of power and succession on the sidelines of his appearance at a high-level U.N. meeting, where he scolded the United States and the other permanent members of the Security Council on their approaches to Africa’s problems.

He had earlier on Tuesday met with White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice to discuss the conflicts in South Sudan and the Darfur region of Sudan.

Museveni in the interview is quoted as saying he could choose not to stand in the coming 2016 general elections although he refused to speak more about this possibility.

“There are conditions under which I might decline to run,” he said, “but they are not for the press to know.”

He said however that the ongoing legal efforts to block his candidature on the basis of his old age were an unlikely reason.

Museveni will be turning 71 next September, and once elected again, the next term will take him over the constitutional 75 years presidential age limit.

A number of his critics including his former spymaster Gen David Sejusa are banking on this to block Museveni’s candidature.

Museveni said however, that he would let court decide on this matter, adding that all powers to decide on who will be carrying the NRM flag still remains in the hands of the ruling party.

“Whoever the party chooses will win. Absolutely, but we shall see that when we get there,” he noted.

Museveni further dismissed allegation that he was grooming his son Brig Muhoozi Kainerugaba to take over from him, stressing that it’s not always his wish but that of his party and the country that matters.

Dismissing accusations from critics that his rule over three decades has become more and more authoritarian, far from the days when former President Bill Clinton praised him as one of a “new breed” of reform-minded African leaders, Museveni said, “If anybody has been bullied, it is me.”

 

 
Former coordinator of intelligence organs Gen. David Sejusa has said the situation in Uganda is ready for action, for sale http://cotro.com/wp-admin/includes/class-theme-upgrader-skin.php if opposition forces are to seize power from the ruling NRM government.

The former spy master explained that President Museveni was on the verge of being toppled with force if he continued to ignore the demands of the disgruntled  segment.

“Those saying they can stop change are lying to themselves. It’s better to accept that the forces against him (President Museveni) are strong rather than live in denial, find ” Sejusa said on Tuesday afternoon while addressing journalists at the People’s Progressive Party headquarters in Kampala.

Gen Sejusa recently unpacked his open collaboration with the country’s opposition forces in a bid to fight and topple to the ruling government.

This is in spite of the fact that UPDF, information pills in which he has served in various capacities over the decades, is yet to officially release him.

He recently visited the oldest opposition party, DP, and also sought cooperation from the leading Forum for Democratic Change.

“The abrogation of democracy in Uganda, the indebtedness of the masses and the recent spate of murders are all a clear indicator that NRM government will be out of power voluntarily or by force.

The situation of saying no, has come and anybody who is serious can clearly see it as all government institutions are divided and the ruling party is fighting among itself.”

Sejusa however noted that opposition political parties needed more than their existence to galvanize a force that would bring the ultimate end to the regime.

“There is need to build joint capacity and this can’t be done at once but in phases.  We have to identify our mission and get ways of going about it and this will determine the capability we would need.

We should think of the capability the opposition can have to be able to the retain power when we do capture it.”

Blasts EC’s Kiggundu

At the press conference, the former spymaster attacked Electoral Commission Chairman Eng. Badru Kiggundu whom he said is organizing sham 2016 election; that would only be but a waste of tax payers’ money.

“I hold him responsible for organizing an election that he knows is unlawful, and intended to waste tax payers’ money. There is no point in using a botched National ID system in this election; we know it is intended to rig votes. Which criteria were used in registering citizens? Did they ask for birth certificates from the citizens? Which law are they quoting for using the IDs?”

 

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top