Heavy fighting has resumed Tuesday in South Sudan with rebels launching deadly attacks on SPLA positions in the town of Ayod .
Officials told Chimpreports the rebels struck at 8:00am, price http://cognac-ambassador.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers.php less than 48 hours after UN released a statement, visit this http://chakraboosters.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-ms-sites-list-table.php warning Dr Riek Machar of “consequences” if the rebel movement kept violating the Cessation of Hostilities agreement signed with President Salva Kiir in May.
The attackers were the Machar-commanded White Army led by renegade Duop Lam, http://ccsa.edu.sv/ccsa/components/com_k2/views/comments/tmpl/report.php former Minister of Law Enforcement in Jonglei State from 2009 to December, 15, 2013. The SPLA forces reportedly repulsed the attack within one hour, inflicting heavy casualties on the White Army.
Government forces, after conducting searches, found 64 dead bodies of the rebels most of whom are boys below the ages of 18. In an emailed statement, the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) this week confirmed that armed youth and defected soldiers (SPLA in Opposition) loyal to the former Vice President attacked Nassir Town in the Upper Nile State on Sunday.
UN said the attack is “the most serious resumption of hostilities” since Kiir and Machar met on 9 May in the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa and recommitted to compliance with the Cessation of Hostilities Agreement they had signed earlier on 23 January.
UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon voiced concern that the attack “undermines ongoing intense regional and international political engagement toward a resumption of political negotiations and a peaceful resolution” of the conflict. He called on Machar to cease immediately all offensive operations on Nassir and other points, and on the Government of South Sudan to desist from launching a counter-offensive. Sources told this website that SPLA is losing patience with rebels as they continue to launch sporadic attacks on their positions instead of respecting the Ethiopia ceasefire agreement.
“As it is now obvious that Riek Machar’s rebels have declared war against the government in a blatant violation of the Cessation of Hostilities signed in Addis Ababa, we request the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia to dismiss Riek Machar from Ethiopia,” said a source in the South Sudan army.
Ethiopia “The purpose Ethiopia hosts Riek Machar in hotel in Addis Ababa is to facilitate negotiations between the Government and the rebels. But since Riek Machar is not interested in peace, the Ethiopian Government must dismiss him from Addis Ababa.”
Officials further said the Machar’s wounded combatants are being treated in Gambella, Ethiopia especially after SPLA fought the rebels in Nasir on Sunday.
Juba is considering writing a protest letter to Ethiopia, warning against granting territory to Machar’s fighters. The Government of South Sudan has so far deported 25 Ethiopian rebels to Addis Ababa to ensure that Ethiopian rebels do not use South Sudan territory to destabilize Ethiopia.
“Therefore, we will make sure Ethiopian Government implement the agreement by preventing wounded rebels to have access to hospitals in Ethiopia, particularly Gambella region.”