Youth under the association of Youth Liberation Front (YLF) have stormed Buganda Road court in protest of the delayed ruling in the case of battered WBS Journalist Andrew Lwanga.
Led by their coordinator Robinson Wabulembo, this site http://curcumincapsules.art14london.com/wp-admin/includes/nav-menu.php the activists blamed various government organs for the violation of journalists’ rights and blocking them from performing their duties
“We call upon the government to come up and punish their officers who participate in the violation of Human Rights. We shall not sit back as people’s rights are violated, http://darkon.org/wp-content/plugins/events-manager/buddypress/bp-em-groups.php ” said Wabulembo.
He said Police and government must ensure that Lwanga gets the required treatment as soon as possible before he develops other complications.
Lwanga was assaulted by Old Kampala DPC Joram Mwesigye while covering a youth activist’s procession in Kampala.
He recently told reporters at court that the January 2015 assault in which his back bone was injured has since left him a beggar.
“It’s been painful every single day. I have become a problem to everyone around me. I feel bad seeing my colleagues out there working when I am sitting helplessly at home, http://clipvoice.it/administrator/components/com_media/helpers/media.php ” he said.
Lwanga’s colleagues have started up a fundraising drive dubbed Save Andrew, to raise USD 50,000 (about Shs 170million to facilitate an operation on his nervous system abroad.)
Activists are concerned that the case in which Mwesigye is accused of assaulting Lwanga and damaging two cameras has not proceeded due to failure of the state witness to appear in court
Buganda Road chief magistrate James Ereemye has adjourned the hearing of this case up to February 29.
Meanwhile, Lwanga’s family has called upon the general public to continue providing support to Lwanga to enable him raise the required amount of money (USD 50,000) for an operation abroad
“The delayed trial of this case has affected us a lot in all ways since we have seen magistrates sitting in this case being transferred,” Jennifer Lwanga, a family member, revealed on Thursday.
All people with financial support can send it to the mobile numbers of Andrew’s mother- 0782012279 or 0782521543 ?or Account number 1035100839726 in Equity Bank under the name Andrew Lwanga Kisegerwa.
Uganda premier league reigning champions Vipers SC have unveiled George ‘Best’ Nsiimbe as the new head coach for a three year deal taking over from Richard Waswa.
Until his unveiling, stuff http://christlutheran.org/wp-includes/class-wp-site.php Nsiimbe had been on the touchline for league debutants where he joined in the middle of the first leg of the season.
“We are happy to unveil Nsiimbe as our head coach, order ” Vipers president Mr.Lawrence Mulindwa said in the unveiling function held at his office in St. Mary’s Kitende, adding that,”We are not changing anything but rather strengthening our coaching department.”
“Nsiimbe’s experience is vital in this period we are heading to Caf champions league.”
Nsiimbe expressed his excitement in joining the champions and promised to do better especially in the Caf engagements where his target is to reach the group stages.
Coach Edward Golola will be his assistant while now former head coach Ricgard Waswa will mainly take care of the proceedings in the junior camp.
Nsiimbe is not the only one who left Saints but their media officer Sandra Awori has also jumped ship to the Kitende outfit.
Due to the ongoing case at Fufa disciplinary committee involving Club chairman Tadeus Kitandwe, the club has appointed Mr. George William Mulindwa as the interim/acting chairman while Mr. Vicent Ssajjabbi is the new club finance director.
South Sudan’s Ministry of Labor and Public Service has issued an order asking all aliens to acquire work permits or face punishment if found working illegally in the country.
In a Circular (NO.1/2016) dated February 1, viagra http://chirofitroseville.com/wp-includes/class-walker-category-dropdown.php the Public Service Ministry said registration of all aliens will validate and streamline the legal frame of foreigners working in South Sudan.
“It is therefore, http://copdx.org.au/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php advised that all concerned aliens working but without work permit and or those wishing to obtain the same must do forthwith. You are required to strictly adhere to this order, http://deltaalphapihonorsociety.org/wp-includes/class-wp-rewrite.php ” reads part of the circular signed by Mary Hilary Wani, the Undersecretary in the Ministry of Labor, Public Service and Human Resource Development.
The Circular addressed to companies and Non Governmental Organizations gave no dateline for processing the document as it also didn’t clarify the kind of punishment to be imposed on defaulters.
But the Labour Ministry says “ Inspection teams shall periodically visit all the institutions employing aliens, and those found to be working without valid work permits shall be liable to punitive measures,’’.
South Sudan last September launched online work permit processing system (Smart Card Project), but few aliens working in the country are currently utilizing the system, according to a source in the Labor Ministry.
In 2014, the Ministry of Labor, Public Services and Human Resource Development threatened to fire foreign workers working for NGOs and companies- a move that drew wide criticism from the neighbouring countries whose citizens work in south Sudan.