The controversies surrounding the new Rubanda district which was recently cut out of Kabale district have forced the urgent intervention of the Prime Minister Dr Ruhakana Rugunda.
The new district which commences operation on July 1st with the new Financial Year has been rejected by a section of locals, treat http://cdaink.com.br/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/seo-tools.php with some seeking to break away and go back to the old Kabale District.
The residents of Bubaare and Nyamweru sub counties last week petitioned the Kabale District leadership to be admitted back, http://ckls.org/wp-admin/includes/class-automatic-upgrader-skin.php on grounds that the new district headquarters are distant.
Led by one Caleb Turyamutunga, http://currencyaffairs.org/wp-admin/includes/class-walker-nav-menu-checklist.php the residents rejected being forced onto a new district and threatened to seek legal redress in case their concern is not addressed.
Patrick Besigye Keihwa, the Kabale District Chairperson tells Chimpreports that Prime Minister Dr Rugunda has now summoned all the stakeholders to have this matter put to rest.
Those summoned include the petitioners, the caretaker committee (which was selected to steer the district until it becomes operational) led by the district speaker Pastoli Twinomuhangi, Kabale district leaders, sub county leaders and the area Member of Parliament, Henry Musasizi.
Keihwa says that the meeting is slated for today Friday 6th May 2016 in Kampala.
Caleb Turyamutunga the lead petitioner however, maintains that if they are forced to go to Rubanda, he is to seek legal redress.
He told us that his group will seek a court injunction stopping the operationalization of Rubanda district.