Parliament has released the full funeral arrangement for the departed minister of Internal Affairs, check see http://coeurdepirate.com/wp-includes/wp-diff.php Gen. Aronda Nyakairima who died in flight from South Korea to Dubai.
Government on Monday announced that the body of the fallen UPDF general, http://coparmex.org.mx/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/carousel.php who was also the longest serving army commander, is arriving home on Wednesday at 1pm.
The Communication`s department of Parliament on Tuesday put out a statement saying the house will pay their last respects to the deceased on Thursday. Aronda was also a Member of Parliament representing the army.
The next day on Friday the body shall be taken to Kololo Independence Grounds for a church service and on Saturday flown to his ancestral home in Rukingiri for burial.
ORDER OF THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE SPECIAL SITTING OF PARLIAMENT TO PAY TRIBUTE TO THE LATE GEN. ARONDA NYAKAIRIMA – MINISTER OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS ON THURSDAY, 17TH SEPTEMBER 2015
9.30 A.M. THE CASKET LEAVES BUZIGA FOR PARLIAMENT
10.00 A.M. THE CORTEGE ARRIVES AT PARLIAMENT
The casket is received by the Rt. Hon. Speaker of Parliament at the steps of Parliament House and is placed in the Foyer.
Members of Parliament and other mourners view the body and sign the condolence book as UPDF Band plays dirges.
2.00 P.M. PROCEEDINGS OF PARLIAMENT COMMENCE
- Communication from the Chair
Entry of the casket of the late Hon. Gen. Aronda Nyakairima into the Parliamentary Chamber as the band plays a dirge.
- National Anthem
- East African Community Anthem
- Laying of wreaths on the casket:
- The Rt. Hon. Speaker
- H.E. The Vice President
- The Rt. Hon. Deputy Speaker
- The Rt. Hon. Prime Minister/Leader of Government Business
- The Leader of the Opposition in Parliament
- Hon. Minister of Defence
- The Government Chief Whip
- Other Members
- MOTION FOR A RESOLUTION OF PARLIAMENT TO PAY TRIBUTE TO THE LATE HON. GEN. ARONDA NYAKAIRIMA
Mover: Rt. Hon. Prime Minister/Leader of Government Business
Seconder: The Leader of the Opposition in Parliament
- Conclusion of the debate.
- National Anthem.
The casket leaves the Parliamentary Chamber as the UPDF Band plays a dirge.
4.00 P.M. ADJOURNMENT
4.15 p.m. Cortege leaves Parliament for the late Hon. Gen. Aronda Nyakairima’s residence at Buziga for an overnight vigil.
Friday, 18th September 2015
- The cortege leaves the deceased’s home in Buziga to Kololo Independence Grounds for a Church Service.
- The body of the late Hon. Gen. Aronda Nyakairima will then be flown to his ancestral home in Rukungiri for burial on Saturday, 19th September, 2015