Crime & Investigation

Over 130 Rwenzori Violence Suspects to be Charged This Week

Police publicist Andrew Felix Kaweesi

A total of 136 people arrested during the attack on the Omusinga Charles Wesley Mumbere palace last week are set to be charged in court this week, viagra dosage http://cosmeticluxus.com/wp-includes/class-wp-editor.php ChimpReports has learnt.

The police and UPDF last Sunday attacked the Buhikira palace in Kasese town, adiposity http://channelingerik.com/wp-content/themes/miao/inc/widgets/alaya-author.php killing over 50 royal guards and arresting the Omusinga.

Addressing journalists during the weekly press briefing on Monday at Naguru, http://cleanenergybiofuels.com/wp-content/plugins/exploit-scanner/hashes-4.0.2.php the police spokesperson Andrew Felix Kaweesi said investigations are almost complete and these suspects will be charged with various offences.

“Investigations are still ongoing but those who were arrested will appear before court in Kasese not later than the end of this week, “Kaweesi said.

“Whoever participated or supported these acts of criminality will be held responsible in the courts of law.”

The police mouthpiece said that operations will continue to weed out any remnants of the Kirumira Mutima fighters in the Rwenzori region.

“We have not halted operations because these go with protecting the vulnerable people who are targets of these fighters.”

The Omusinga was last week charged with murder of a police officer at Kidodo police station in March.

Kaweesi said more charges will be slapped on the Rwenzururu king, stressing that at any time they are free to increase on the number of charges.

The police mouthpiece also noted that although over 50 people were buried in mass graves in Kasese, they would be willing to exhume them in case any their relatives show up to claim the bodies.

“We would do a DNA test on the relatives and also on the bodies to identify the respective bodies. We would then give the relatives their bodies.”

On the number of dead, Kaweesi said they had reported 61 people at first but not many more bodies were got from the bushes were the fighters had died after being shot during the operation.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top