Youths in Mbarara finally received their livelihood empowerment funds at the district offices in Kamukuzi on Tuesday.
The news came in as relief to a number of district officials who were coming under pressure, there http://citadelgroup.com.au/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/emails/class-wc-email-customer-processing-order.php as all neighboring districts had received theirs.
The CAO Mbarara district Felix Cuthbert Ethoko advised the youths to make meetings, information pills http://compraresenzaricettaonline.com/wp-includes/ms-files.php resolve and spend it productively, prostate to make the project liable.
“I know your money has delayed because it was issued early June, thankfully its now here; use it profitably” Cuthbert said.
At the meeting, the district chairman Deus Tumusime thanked the CAO for pushing hard for the release of the funds saying that it was becoming a nightmare with youth groups frequenting his office since June.
Deus appealed to the youth to utilize the funds usefully without diverting it to unproductive ventures.
The Chairman asked the youth groups to work with sub county chiefs and focal persons to avoid risks which might result into challenges like failure to refund and arrests.
The Constitutional Court has Thursday morning denied bail to 9 people suspected to have masterminded the killing of Muslim clerics early this year.
The suspects are Sheikh Yunus Kamoga, clinic http://dangerdame.com/wp-includes/media.php Siraje Kawooya, physician Abdulsala Ssejayanja, Abdulhamid Ssematimba, Rashid Jjingo, Twaha Ssekitto, Yusuf Kakande, Fahad Kalungi and Murta Mudde Bukenya.
These are facing charges related to terrorism, crimes against humanity, murder and attempted murder of Sheikh Mustapha Bahiga.
They requested for temporary release pending an application they had made in the same court requesting for dismissal of the charges.
In the bail application early this month, the accused through their lawyers led by Fred Muwema appealed to court to consider releasing them temporarily as they were ready to abide by any conditions put on them.
They told court that they had been arrested on tramped up charges, tortured and detained wrongly because the prosecution has no evidence.
However reading his ruling on Thursday morning, Justice Elidad Mwangusha acknowledged that they might have been tortured, detained beyond the mandatory 48 hours before trial but noted that this alone can’t guarantee their temporary release.
“There are victims to the charges against the applicants who are interested in seeing the trial brought to an end. No sufficient ground has been given to make court exercise its duty of granting them temporary release,” Justice Mwangushya said.
He added,” It’s imperative that the DPP avails them with evidence but this doesn’t mean that if it’s not given in time, the evidence is worthless and leading them to be released.”
The judge however said that the Director of Public Prosecution’s office was wrong to deny the applicants copies of evidence it intends to use against them as ordered by the High Court, noting that this should be done immediately so that the case is hurriedly disposed of for the benefit of both parties.
Many Muslim believers gathered outside court waiting for the news of the release of the accused only for court to decide otherwise, leading many of them to complain over what they termed as unfairness by court.