Eleven NRM Kabarole District councilors have lost their seats to new entrants in the just concluded NRM primaries that were reportedly marred by vote rigging.
Patrick Kamulindwa, viagra 60mg http://creamiicandy.com/wp-includes/rest-api.php the Kabarole NRM registrar said that out of 25 NRM councilors only 14 were voted back into office.
Kamulindwa identified the unsuccessful incumbents as Richard Nyakaana representing Busoro Sub County, viagra 40mg http://copdx.org.au/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php Amina Kaija representing Kibiito Town Council, Robertson Monday representing Hakibale Sub County, Clovice Mugabo speaker Kabarole District council representing Mugusu Sub County and Pascal Byoma representing Karago town council.
Others are Florence Kadoma Secretary for Production Kabarole representing Bukuku Sub County, Emmanuel Tugume representing Kasenda Sub County, Joshua Kagaba secretary for education and sports
representing Ruteete Sub County, Faith Nyakairu representing South Division, Stella Kemigabo representing Karambi Sub County and Patrick Karatunga representing Kibiito Sub County.
The NRM registrar further disclosed that 4 NRM sub county chairpersons lost their seats and these are Justus Muzoora of Karangura Sub County, Spear Baguma Kiko town council, Ramathan Tinkasimire
chairperson West Division and Nayera Manyindo chairman Kijura town council.
Kamulindwa said that his office has so far received 38 petitions from the aggrieved candidates at various levels, who expressed dissatisfaction with the results of the exercise.
In the petitions, the candidates indicate that the exercise was marred with multiple voting and vote rigging.
Most of the aggrieved members are now seeking for vote recount while others are seeking reruns.
Most of these, he said, vowed to hand in their party cards and cross to the opposition side or contest on independent tickets.
But the registrar noted, “The voters were watching them and were waiting to make a decision, and this is what they had to do. Threatening to return party cards and contest as independents shows that they did not have the party at heart.”
President Museveni has praised his former Vice President Prof Gilbert Bukenya for refusing to endorse presidential aspirant, adiposity http://danielpyne.com/wp-includes/default-filters.php Hon Amama Mbabazi, http://davidsols.fr/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-links-list-table.php Chimp Corps report.
Museveni once again spoke out on his fallout with Mbabazi, http://cprocom.com/portal/components/com_docman/themes/default/templates/documents/list_item.tpl.php saying he was helped to occupy top positions in government which he misused.
Museveni went ahead to explain that unlike NRA fighters who actively participated in risky combat missions on the battlefields, “Mbabazi was always outside the country.”
Speaking at celebrations held to mark Bukenya’s return to NRM at the former Vice President’s Hotel in Katomi off Entebbe Road on Friday, Museveni added: “That Mbabazi you see there did not take part in the real fighting. Yet, he is now fighting us who made him big and what he is today.”
Mbabazi this year declared his presidential bid that would see him confront his former boss and party chairman, President Museveni in the 2016 polls.
It was hoped that Mbabazi would secure the support of Bukenya and other top opposition shots for The Democratic Alliance (TDA) joint flag-bearer race.
However, Bukenya chose to break his partnership with TDA, saying the main contenders who included Mbabazi, Dr Kizza Besigye and Norbert Mao lacked solid manifestos needed to eradicate poverty and transform the country.
Addressing NRM supporters at Katomi, Museveni said Bukenya “took the right decision to dump Mbabazi and Besigye.”
The President said Besigye joined the NRA guerrilla “when things were much better” but ran away “because he failed to internalize our ideology.”
He added that Mbabazi left a weevil-infested infrastructure at the NRM secretariat, and that the party is grappling with the challenges inherited from the former Secretary General’s reign.
“Mbabazi was there for 10 years but failed to run the secretariat,” added the President.
Museveni also confirmed earlier media reports of secretly meeting Bukenya in London, UK.
“During our meeting in London, Bukenya agreed to come back to NRM,” said Museveni.
On his part, Bukenya said he was glad returning to NRM and that he would give his all to consolidate President Museveni’s rule.
He further denied allegations of being bribed to abandon the opposition, saying he is a man of integrity.
Museveni said he had forgiven Bukenya’s mistakes and that he was willing to welcome him back to the party.
Observers say the return of Bukenya will help Museveni maintain a strong grip on Buganda region ahead of the 2016 elections.
There are reports that Bukenya’s u-turn was facilitated by Buganda Prime Minister Peter Mayiga – a claim which the latter has refused to confirm.
Nevertheless, Bukenya is a force to reckon with not only in Buganda but also in other parts of the country where he introduced upland rice schemes to eradicate household poverty.
After being sacked as Vice President 8 years ago, Bukenya blamed his downfall on Mbabazi’s machinations.
Mbabazi has consistently denied plotting Bukenya’s downfall.