A total of 34 people have been confirmed dead following a deadly Monday morning attack on three buses travelling from South Sudanese capital Juba to Uganda.
A source in Juba says majority of the injured were rushed to Chinese Friendship Clinic in the capital in critical conditions and many required immediate blood transfusion.
“It was a horrible attack. The victims overwhelmingly arrived here in dire conditions, salve http://daniellebinks.com/wp-includes/feed-atom-comments.php ” said the source.
After the news of the attack came out, dosage http://csrf.net/wp-includes/feed-rss2.php ChimpReports has learnt that 29 of the confirmed dead are identified to be South Sudanese and the details of the remaining 5 are yet to be known.
The three buses belonging Ugandan companies; Friendship, ambulance Gateway and Eco were ambushed near the border trade town of Yei in the Equaoria region.
Property was looted from all buses and the gunmen later burned to ashes the Eco bus.
The captors also forced the abductees to carry the looted items towards the bush.
SPLA immediately responded and rescued the civilians according to Uganda Police mouthpiece Andrew Felix Kawesi.
“Fortunately by mid-day all of the kidnapped passengers had been released without any injuries,” Kaweesi said earlier today.
The identity and the motives of the attackers are yet to be determined.
The whole Greater Equatoria region has however been experiencing armed hostilities and civilian attacks since war resumed in South Sudan in July this year.
Fighting broke out in Juba between President Salva Kiir and Dr. Riek Machar forces in the second week of July after a deadly clash inside the presidential palace that claimed the lives of 300 elite forces.