Politics

Mao Endorses Ssekigozi for Busiro, Blasts Kaggwa Njala

Mao Reveals Ssekigozi [R]  to journalists at DP headquarters on Tuesday

Former National Resistance Movement [NRM] Secretary General Hon Amama Mbabazi will not be joining in the party’s National Delegates Conference slated for October 30th as had earlier been speculated.

Mbabazi, order http://chagoscantina.com/wp-includes/class-wp-post-type.php who broke ties with the ruling party in June and declared bid for president in the coming elections, said on this day he will be focused on his impending nomination by the Electoral Commission.

The NRM yesterday released the roadmap to the three-day National Conference at Mandela National Stadium at Namboole.

Header advertisement

During the conference, delegates are expected to elect new national office bearers, and also for the delegates to receive and elect the NRM presidential flag bearer for the 2016 presidential elections.”

Asked whether Mbabazi was invited, NRM Deputy Secretary General, Richard Todwong told journalists “It’s upon Amama Mbabazi and Hon. Jacqueline Mbabazi to attend or not.”

However, in a brief communiqué on Friday afternoon, Mbabazi said he would not be in attendance and neither would his wife Jacqueline who is hospitalized in London.

“My wife Jacqueline will also not be attending. She is presently unwell and undergoing treatment in the United Kingdom,”

“When I married my wife I made a promise that from that day forth, for better, for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health while we both live, I would give her full support. I am her primary helper and so I have taken some time away from campaign activities in order to give her the support she needs. My family and I expect her to make a full recovery soon,” he said.

Mbabazi yesterday reassured his supporters that he would into backtrack to support President Museveni, like former Vice President Gilbert Bukenya, noting that he is not “that kind of person.”

 

 
President Museveni is yet to issue directives authorising the withdrawal of Ugandan troops and military equipment from South Sudan, page http://ceris.ca/wp-admin/includes/ajax-actions.php an army official said Tuesday.

This followed claims that starting next week, viagra 40mg http://deborahmillercounselor.com/wp-content/themes/pixelpress/includes/homepage-feedback.php the UPDF would start vacating South Sudan.

It was also alleged that President Museveni agreed with his Sudan counterpart Omar Bashir and rebel leader Dr Riek Machar during a recent meeting in Khartoum to pull Ugandan troops from the war-torn country.

Asked by ChimpReports to comment on the reports, more about http://danielborda.net/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php Uganda army spokesperson, Lt Col Paddy Ankunda responded: “Well, the Commander-in-chief has not issued orders to that effect.”

He added: “We await instructions.”

Uganda deployed heavily armed soldiers in South Sudan in December 2013 after a heavy gun battle broke out in the presidential compound between Machar’s Neur tribesmen and Gen Salva Kiir’s Dinka loyalists in the Tiger Presidential Guard.

The fighting spread to the Capital, Juba with atrocities being committed by both sides.

Realising that Kiir’s government was under a major threat from Machar’s forces, Museveni dispatched elite military components that drove rebels into the far North and created a safe corridor for the evacuation of foreigners and movement of goods from Uganda to South Sudan.

Trade

Since then, UPDF has vowed not to quit until it’s certain about the security situation in South Sudan which is Uganda’s major export destination and foreign exchange earner.

Uganda was reaping as much as $1.3bn per year from a stable Sudan, only for the exports revenues to plummet to about $70m per year following the breakout of war.

However, according to the peace deal signed by Machar and Kiir, Uganda is supposed to vacate South Sudan.

Kampala insists UPDF are in South Sudan under a bilateral agreement with South Sudan.
Former UPDF Commander General Aronda Nyakairima who passed away ten days ago on his way back from South Korea, this http://cocktaildream.be/wp-includes/class-wp-http-response.php was covered by health insurance during his stay, viagra http://crossfit908.com/wp-admin/includes/class-bulk-upgrader-skin.php officials said Tuesday, viagra dosage refuting claims he could not receive proper medical attention.

The deceased Minister of Internal Affairs was found dead on a Flight Emirates en route to Dubai, by a hostess.

The minister visited South Korea from September 8 to 11 at the invitation of the Korea Foundation. Following a postmortem examination, government announced that the cause of death was heart failure.

However, during the national prayers for the fallen General at Kololo last week, President Yoweri Museveni blamed South Korea for denying Aronda proper medical care due to his lack of health insurance even though he had complained of a stomachache and dizziness.

A South Korean government official today refuted the claim.

“We are in the process of determining the relevant details,” he said, speaking on condition of anonymity. “According to the foundation, the claim that the minister wished to receive hospital care during his stay but could not get proper medical attention without health insurance is different from the truth.”

All those who were invited by the foundation, including Aronda, were covered by traveler’s insurance, which includes health insurance, the official added.

Yesterday another official from the Korean Foundation was quoted by media as stating that General Aronda complained of stomachache during his stay but declined to the taken to hospital.

Citing a separate probe by the foundation, the South Korean Embassy in Uganda has said Aronda took digestive medicine during his stay in South Korea but turned down an offer to visit a hospital.

The embassy has reportedly delivered its position to the Ugandan government and requested it to refrain from making any misleading remarks.

“We are in talks with the Ugandan government over this case,” said an embassy official.

 
Former UPDF Commander General Aronda Nyakairima who passed away ten days ago on his way back from South Korea, website like this http://childrensclasses.org/wp2012/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/json-endpoints/class.wpcom-json-api-update-comment-endpoint.php was covered by health insurance during his stay, store officials said Tuesday, refuting claims he could not receive proper medical attention.

The deceased Minister of Internal Affairs was found dead on a Flight Emirates en route to Dubai, by a hostess.

The minister visited South Korea from September 8 to 11 at the invitation of the Korea Foundation. Following a postmortem examination, government announced that the cause of death was heart failure.

However, during the national prayers for the fallen General at Kololo last week, President Yoweri Museveni blamed South Korea for denying Aronda proper medical care due to his lack of health insurance even though he had complained of a stomachache and dizziness.

A South Korean government official today refuted the claim.

“We are in the process of determining the relevant details,” he said, speaking on condition of anonymity. “According to the foundation, the claim that the minister wished to receive hospital care during his stay but could not get proper medical attention without health insurance is different from the truth.”

All those who were invited by the foundation, including Aronda, were covered by traveler’s insurance, which includes health insurance, the official added.

Yesterday another official from the Korean Foundation was quoted by media as stating that General Aronda complained of stomachache during his stay but declined to the taken to hospital.

Citing a separate probe by the foundation, the South Korean Embassy in Uganda has said Aronda took digestive medicine during his stay in South Korea but turned down an offer to visit a hospital.

The embassy has reportedly delivered its position to the Ugandan government and requested it to refrain from making any misleading remarks.

“We are in talks with the Ugandan government over this case,” said an embassy official.

 
The Speaker of Parliament, ailment http://colombiareports.com/wp-admin/includes/revision.php Rt. Hon. Rebecca Kadaga, information pills has asked government to explain and cancel an agreement it signed for the export of domestic workers to Saudi Arabia.

Speaker Kadaga said government was not capable of supervising or monitoring of domestic workers employed in a foreign country to ensure the respect of their human rights.

The Speaker who made the remarks during a sitting of Parliament on Tuesday, site said that countries like the Philippines and Ethiopia had banned the exportation of their people to work in the Middle East, but that government had ignored a Parliament resolution to stop the practice in Uganda.

Following the Speaker’s communication, legislators told harrowing tales of girls working in the Middle East, from where they cannot leave having deposited their travel documents with the employers or employment agencies.

Hon. Elijah Okupa (FDC, Kasilo) said his delegation had found sex workers, who had escaped from their employers’ in Dubai, but could not return home because their employers had confiscated their passports.

According to Hon. Beatrice Anywar (FDC, Kitgum), government must be restrained from exporting domestic workers, who end up as sex slaves.

“Women deserve to do decent jobs. We need dignity for women, but not to work as sex slaves,” said Hon. Anywar.

Members said government was being insensitive in signing MoUs with countries with a poor record on human rights issues.

They said government must be able to protect its citizens living everywhere in the world.

The Minister of State for Finance, Hon. David Bahati, said government would look at loopholes in any MoU signed such that they can be put right. He promised that a Statement would be presented to Parliament during its next sitting.
Democratic Party (DP) president, price http://cikza.com/wp-includes/feed-atom.php Norbert Mao has lambasted party members who defied party regulations regarding the selection of flag bearer on parliamentary positions, check http://davepallone.com/old/wp-includes/class-wp-http-streams.php leading to creation of two candidates from the party.

While revealing Busiro South Member of Parliament (MP) flag bearer Steven Ssekigozi, page the DP president expressed disappointment in Simon Kaggwa Njala (NBS presenter) for misleading DP supporters in Busiro by purporting to be the official party flag bearer.

“We have been going through the process of candidates selection and some people have boycotted the process but decided to give a fake flag to a one Kaggwa Njala who I always meet at NBS TV; we have got reports that he is moving around claiming to be the official DP candidate,”

“Of course people are free to engage in comedy but no one will take you seriously. The decision of who runs for a parliamentary seat in DP is exclusively a mandate of the National executive committee and we had no hand in what was going on in Busiro South.”

Mao welcomed Ssekigozi and expressed confidence that he would win in the general elections.

Ssekigozi told Chimp Reports that he was disappointed to see Kaggwa Njala, who even never returned nomination forms to the party masquerading as the official party candidate.

“In the race of four members who expressed interest in the party primaries, I was the only person that had applied and returned forms to the party and I automatically became the party candidate,” Ssekigozi noted.

Ssekigozi added that Njala is being confused by a faction called DP Mulamwa in Busiro South that believes to have the powers to make decisions for the party.

He promised to offer good representation for his people to parliament and improve the health standards in the area and to empower women.

 

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top