Court

Lugogo Bomb Driver Visited Uganda Before 2010 Blasts

The South African High Commission and registered South African Businesses in Uganda will Thursday launch the Forum for South African Businesses in Uganda (FOSABU) at Protea Hotel Kampala.

FOSABU is a non-partisan association, order pilule http://conceive.ca/wp-content/cache/wp-cache-d27b047f5726bbcb44c77af18e2be67e.php dedicated to promoting trade, cheapest http://daniellebinks.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-ajax-upgrader-skin.php investment, viagra approved http://curaacufeni.com/wp-admin/includes/class-ftp-sockets.php economic development, growth and job creation in South Africa and Uganda.

The association formed by South African businesses operating in Uganda, is aimed at promoting South African business’ interests in the country and promoting economic development, as well as grow trade between Uganda and South Africa.

The ceremony that will be officiated by Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda will have Ambassador Kingsley Makhubela, CEO of Brand South Africa deliver a key note speech.

According to the organizers, the launch will be attended by dignitaries that include officials from the Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation, South Africa; The Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa.

Ugandan officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives are also expected to attend.
Hearing of the case in which 13 people are suspected of masterminding the July 2010 Lugogo twin blasts continued yesterday, patient http://charlesdunn.com/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/inc/widgets.php with the 79th prosecution witnesses testifying before High Court Justice Alphonse Owiny- Dollo.

In his testimony, ed http://daylesfordartshow.com.au/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/tribe/linked_posts.php 33 year old immigration officer attached to the Ministry of Internal Affairs along Jinja road identified  only as Witness Q for security reasons  told court that he was  on November  30, check http://crememinceur.com/wp-includes/class-wp-tax-query.php 2015 contacted by  the Deputy Director of the CIID to get the travel history of one Eleman Hijar Nyamandondo.

“I found out that on February 7, 2009 he had entered Uganda as a pedestrian through the Malaba border post but there was no record of exit from the country,” the prosecution said.

The witness believes Nyamandondo must have exited the country by avoiding the four major border points of Busia, Malaba, Entebbe, Elegu and Katuna which have the Personal Information Identification System which captures data for each person entering and exiting and sends it to the central system at the Internal Affairs Ministry in Kampala.

“On 9th May, 2009 he again entered as a pedestrian using the Malaba border and exited via the Busia border point the next day on 10thMay. On February 22, 2011 he again entered through Entebbe airport using a chartered plane,” he added.

During cross examination, it was revealed that the February 2011 journey was the one when he had been arrested and brought to Uganda from Tanzania by police operatives.

Early this year, 32 year old  Muhamood Mugisha   told court that in April 2010  he left Kenya in a vehicle that had bombs together with Nyamandondo but was intercepted at the Uganda –Kenya  Malaba border but the latter  managed to sneak the vehicle with the bomb into Uganda  as  Mugisha was arrested.

Mugisha has since been convicted and served his sentence and was used as a state witness to pin his colleagues.

Hearing of the case resumes on Thursday and the prosecution is expected   to conclude their case.

The thirteen  suspects include  Hassan Haruna Luyima, Hussein Hassan Agade, Idris Magondu, Mohamed Adan Abdow, Omar Awahn Omar, Mohammed Hamid Suleiman, Yahya Suleiman Mbuthia, Habib Suleiman Njoroge, Isa Ahmed Luyima,Abubaker Batematoy, Dr Ismail Kalule and Seleman Hijar Nyamadondo   and are charged with offences of terrorism, murder and attempted murder for being  part of the group that detonated twin bombs at Lugogo and Ethiopian Village in Kabalagala  that led to death of more than 75 people who were watching the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals.

 


Header advertisement
Comments

Header advertisement
To Top