Crime & Investigation

Kyambogo Student Murders P.5 Pupil; Dumps Body in Mondo Kagonyera’s Farm

The body of the pupil was retrieved in a farm in Kireka. In set is the suspect Henry Kyagulanyi

The Police Flying Squad has Tuesday arrested a 22 year old student of Kyambogo University suspected to have murdered a 5 year pupil of Lungujja Modern Primary school.

Henry Kyagulanyi was arrested in an operation commanded the Flying Squad Commandant Herbert Muhangi.

The suspect was compelled to reveal where he buried the body; in the farm of former Makerere University Chancellor Prof Mondo Kagonyera’s farm in Bira, try Kireka in Wakiso district, where it was retrieved.

Header advertisement

The suspect was arrested after he attempted to obtain a Shs. 1.5million ransom from the boy’s parents. Police had searched for days for the boy with no breakthrough.

“We received information on the 7th this month that Andrew (the deceased) had gone missing on the 4th; we mounted the search which led us to the suspect, ” Police’s Muhangi told reporters.

He added that further investigations are still ongoing into the murder and the suspect will be charged accordingly.

The suspect Henry Kyagulanyi in yellow jeans led the authorities to were he buried the body

The suspect Henry Kyagulanyi (in yellow pants) led the authorities to were he buried the body

On being questioned, Kyagulanyi confessed that he accidentally killed his friend Andrew who he had known for years.

“I picked Andrew at around 6:30 PM on Thursday last week while he was heading for night lessons at his school,” Kyagulanyi narrated.

“I told him to escort me to Nankubadde were I had been called for a building job; we later came back and I kept him at home till night.”

“At around 9pm, I told him to get back home but not to tell his parents and my Aunt where they rent, that I had kept him from attending evening lessons.

“Andrew declined to this and told me that he was to report me to my Aunt whom I feared since I have many issues with her. While we struggled, I grabbed him by the neck ended up killing him.

“At first I thought he had just fainted and poured water on him but he wouldn’t respond, I then decided to carry the body and found somewhere to bury it for fear of being arrested.

“I later called his mum after some days asking for Sh1.5million, saying that I had her son with me. But I wanted to use the money to bury the body to a safer place. ”



Header advertisement
To Top