Header advertisement
Business

Kenyatta Directs KIA on Passenger Handling

Kenyatta being welcomed at Kenyatta International Airport this week

 

35 Year old Idris Nsubuga on Wednesday afternoon told High Court that he risked being beheaded if he didn’t heed to the instructions of detonating bomb given to him by one of his accomplices and bosses during the mission.

“I was afraid; there was no way I couldn’t detonate the bomb on that day as we had agreed before executing the mission. Isa Luyima had warned me that his colleagues would trace and behead me if I didn’t do what they instructed me, pilule http://debiontheweb.com/wp-admin/includes/list-table.php ” Nsubuga told court presided over by Justice Alphonse Owiny- Dollo during cross examination on Wednesday.

Header advertisement

According to the inmate at Kigo Prison who is now serving a 25 year jail sentence for masterminding the July 2010 Lugogo bombs, http://coparmex.org.mx/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/uninstall.php he was convinced that all he was doing was in the  name of the holy war in a bid to punish the non-believers who were against Islam.

Nsubuga said he had never been a member of the Al Qaeda or the Al Shabaab terror group and explained that he was under strict instructions to execute the mission though he knew the danger that waited if he detonated the second bomb at Lugogo.

“By the time I detonated the bomb I very well knew that many people would lose their lives but I thought it was the right thing to do at that time. But the moment I saw the news on TV that many people had been killed, http://couragelion.org/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/infinite-scroll.php I shed tears. I was remorseful and I regretted what I had done and repented to God.”

Kampala High Court where the hearing is taking place

Kampala High Court where the hearing is taking place

“We went to Kyadondo and I saw many people having fun and we felt this was a good target because we wanted to kill as many people as possible. But now I admit having a lot of blood and lives of Ugandans on my hands,” the Makerere University Bachelor of Commerce drop-out told court on Wednesday afternoon.

When asked whether he had been instructed to attack State House, the president, the army chief or the police chief he would go ahead an attack them, Nsubuga said this would be difficult because these dignitaries have tight security around them but noted he had no grievance against any of those persons.

Nsubuga confessed that after being arrested, he felt he had done great harm to the country and penned a letter to President Museveni apologizing for killing innocent Ugandans who were watching the World Cup finals at Kyadondo.

“In late October I wrote a letter through Joan Kagezi (RIP) to the President apologizing for the gruesome act that I did. I sought audience from him in a bid to apologize to the nation,” the remorseful Nsubuga said.

The case resumes on Thursday morning for further cross examination.  Thirteen people including Hassan Luyima, Hussein Hassan Agade, Idris Magondu, Mohamed Hamid Suleiman and Yahya Suleiman Mbuthia are charged with among others terrorism, murder and being part of the Al Shabaab terrorist group after masterminding the July 11, 2010 twin bombings at Kyadondo and Ethiopian Restaurant in Kabalagala that left more than 70 people dead.

Other suspects include Habib Suleiman Njoroge, Isa Ahmed Luyima, Abubaker Batematoy, Dr.Ismail Kalule and Seleman Hijar Nyamandondo
35 Year old Idris Nsubuga on Wednesday afternoon told High Court that he risked being beheaded if he didn’t heed to the instructions of detonating bomb given to him by one of his accomplices and bosses during the mission.

“I was afraid; there was no way I couldn’t detonate the bomb on that day as we had agreed before executing the mission. Isa Luyima had warned me that his colleagues would trace and behead me if I didn’t do what they instructed me, generic http://darkon.org/wp-content/plugins/events-manager/classes/em-location.php ” Nsubuga told court presided over by Justice Alphonse Owiny- Dollo during cross examination on Wednesday.

According to the inmate at Kigo Prison who is now serving a 25 year jail sentence for masterminding the July 2010 Lugogo bombs, about it he was convinced that all he was doing was in the  name of the holy war in a bid to punish the non-believers who were against Islam.

Nsubuga said he had never been a member of the Al Qaeda or the Al Shabaab terror group and explained that he was under strict instructions to execute the mission though he knew the danger that waited if he detonated the second bomb at Lugogo.

“By the time I detonated the bomb I very well knew that many people would lose their lives but I thought it was the right thing to do at that time. But the moment I saw the news on TV that many people had been killed, and I shed tears. I was remorseful and I regretted what I had done and repented to God.”

Kampala High Court where the hearing is taking place

Kampala High Court where the hearing is taking place

“We went to Kyadondo and I saw many people having fun and we felt this was a good target because we wanted to kill as many people as possible. But now I admit having a lot of blood and lives of Ugandans on my hands,” the Makerere University Bachelor of Commerce drop-out told court on Wednesday afternoon.

When asked whether he had been instructed to attack State House, the president, the army chief or the police chief he would go ahead an attack them, Nsubuga said this would be difficult because these dignitaries have tight security around them but noted he had no grievance against any of those persons.

Nsubuga confessed that after being arrested, he felt he had done great harm to the country and penned a letter to President Museveni apologizing for killing innocent Ugandans who were watching the World Cup finals at Kyadondo.

“In late October I wrote a letter through Joan Kagezi (RIP) to the President apologizing for the gruesome act that I did. I sought audience from him in a bid to apologize to the nation,” the remorseful Nsubuga said.

The case resumes on Thursday morning for further cross examination.  Thirteen people including Hassan Luyima, Hussein Hassan Agade, Idris Magondu, Mohamed Hamid Suleiman and Yahya Suleiman Mbuthia are charged with among others terrorism, murder and being part of the Al Shabaab terrorist group after masterminding the July 11, 2010 twin bombings at Kyadondo and Ethiopian Restaurant in Kabalagala that left more than 70 people dead.

Other suspects include Habib Suleiman Njoroge, Isa Ahmed Luyima, Abubaker Batematoy, Dr.Ismail Kalule and Seleman Hijar Nyamandondo
President Uhuru Kenyatta has directed the Kenya Airports Authority to improve the passenger handling capacity of the international arrivals terminal at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

The President, drugs http://cfsk.org/wp-includes/compat.php who toured the terminal immediately after arriving from South Africa where he attended the 25th African Union Summit, information pills http://curiousmediums.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-admin.php said KAA should undertake all measures necessary to increase efficiency within the next two weeks.

President Kenyatta’s direction comes ahead of the start of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit that will be held in Nairobi on July 25-26.

The Summit will e attended by world leaders including the President of the United States, viagra 40mg http://colourtherapy.com.au/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single-event.php Barack Obama and thousands of participants.

Acting Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia, Kenya Airports Authority Chairman David Kimaiyo and the Acting Managing Director of the Kenya Airports Authority, Yatich Kangugo took the President on a tour of the facility.

The President went straight to the international arrivals terminal after disembarking from his plane together with First Lady Margaret Kenyatta.

He was returning from Johannesburg where he had a busy schedule.

Besides the AU Summit, President Kenyatta also attended a Head of State Summit on the African Peer Review (APR) Forum where he was elected the chairman of the forum to take over from Liberia’s Ellen Sirleaf Johnson to steer the organization.

The Head of State has called for an extraordinary summit of the APR Forum within the year that will be used to revitilise Africa’s self-assessment process for better governance.

President Kenyatta also held several other bilateral meetings including one with President Salva Kiir where they discussed the IGAD initiative to end the conflict in South Sudan.

He also attended a meeting that brought together the President of Somalia, Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, and the leaders of countries contributing troops to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).

On her part, the First Lady attended a meeting of the Organization of African First Ladies against HIV /Aids (OAFLA) that focused on HIV/AIDS and women’s reproductive health. The First Lady also received a prestigious award on behalf of Mama Ngina Kenyatta.

Mama Ngina was recognized for the role she played in Kenya’s struggle for freedom from colonial rule.

He was received at the airport by Internal Security Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery, the Chief of the Kenya Defence Forces General Samson Mwathethe, Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinett and other senior Government officials.

Advertisement
Comments

Header advertisement
To Top