Kenya

Kenya to Evacuate Nationals from South Africa

Cabinet Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Amb. Amina Mohamed

The Uganda Muslim Supreme Council Mufti, sildenafil http://chopcult.com/js/include/images/secure.php Sheikh Shaban Ramadan Mubajje has ordered mosques across the country to organize respective prayers for the departed rival Mufti, http://ccalliance.org/wp-admin/includes/class-walker-nav-menu-checklist.php Sheikh Zibair Kayongo.

Mubajje directed all mosques yesterday to hold Salatul Ghaib prayers for the deceased just hours after the sad news of Kayongo’s passing on at Aga Khan Hospital in the neighboring Tanzanian capital, Dar es Salaam.

Kayongo, 83, was also praised by both USMC and Kibuli faction as a great Muslim scholar who imparted his knowledge to many Muslims in the country. He succumbed to heart attack after few days of illness.

Header advertisement

Sheikh Mubajje also released a statement yesterday sending out his commiserations to the departed colleague in faith who broke away from the USMC headquartered at Old Kampala with a considerable numbers of followers to establish a parallel leadership at Kibuli Mosque Kampala where they are operating to this day.

The body of Kayongo is expected to be at Kibuli Mosque this morning and in the afternoon shall be taken to his ancestral home, Lwamatta in Kiboga district where shall be laid to rest according to a program seen by this website.
Makindye General Court Martial has set April 21 to deliver a judgment in cases against the former commander of the Ugandan peacekeeping contingent in Somalia Brig. Michael Ondoga relating to Somalia Operations.

Brig. Ondoga and Lt Col Sam Kirya, pills http://chicken33.com/commande/wp-includes/simplepie/cache.php former information officer at the mission, http://contactburlco.org/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-geolocation.php are accused of failure to perform their duties while in Somalia.

The duo is alleged to have given false information about the enemy’s position at Janale and Sharambot and failing to stop an illegal power connection at Aljazeera Training Center in Somalia.

Brig. Ondoga is also charged with failing to investigate the circumstances under which his junior, warrant officer 11 Kenneth Mugisha deserted the mission.

The Brigadier who has been on remand since October last year, is accused of interfering with the process of the law and disobeying lawful orders, thereby jeopardizing the Ugandan troops’ operational efficiency in Somalia.

While presenting the final submission in the case this week, Major Fredrick Kangwamu informed court that the state prosecution has done everything to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the accused committed the offences.

Ondoga denies the charges.

The date was set Thursday by General Court Martial chairman Maj. Gen. Levi Karuhanga.

Maj. Loziro Nuwagaba, a former field commander in Somalia, told court in 2014 that “on January 7 2013, in a meeting of all commanders, Brig. Ondoga being the overall commander ordered his subordinates to deal with the enemy in the radius of 10-15 kilometres from their base in order to prevent the insurgents from ambushing convoys of senior officials and patrol vehicles.”

According to Nuwagaba, the operation was executed on 15 January the same year in two phases.

“The first one succeeded. However, the second one failed due to an operational mistake in which 7 civilians and 9 soldiers were killed in a friendly fire.”

The UPDF Major further accused Brig. Ondoga of authorizing the ill-fated mission, adding, “There was no way the attack would have taken place without the commander’s knowledge. Officers can’t execute missions without permission of their superiors.”

Nuwagaba further blamed Ondoga for writing to the Chief of the Defence Forces Gen. Katumba Wamala accusing him (Nuwagaba) of undermining his (Ondoga) commands and peddling lies against fellow commanders.

The witness told court the accusations against him were investigated and found to be false.
Makindye General Court Martial has set April 21 to deliver a judgment in cases against the former commander of the Ugandan peacekeeping contingent in Somalia Brig. Michael Ondoga relating to Somalia Operations.

Brig. Ondoga and Lt Col Sam Kirya, advice http://csautomation.net/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/validation.php former information officer at the mission, seek http://codefor.asia/wp-includes/query.php are accused of failure to perform their duties while in Somalia.

The duo is alleged to have given false information about the enemy’s position at Janale and Sharambot and failing to stop an illegal power connection at Aljazeera Training Center in Somalia.

Brig. Ondoga is also charged with failing to investigate the circumstances under which his junior, information pills http://curaacufeni.com/wp-includes/admin-bar.php warrant officer 11 Kenneth Mugisha deserted the mission.

The Brigadier who has been on remand since October last year, is accused of interfering with the process of the law and disobeying lawful orders, thereby jeopardizing the Ugandan troops’ operational efficiency in Somalia.

While presenting the final submission in the case this week, Major Fredrick Kangwamu informed court that the state prosecution has done everything to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the accused committed the offences.

Ondoga denies the charges.

The date was set Thursday by General Court Martial chairman Maj. Gen. Levi Karuhanga.

Maj. Loziro Nuwagaba, a former field commander in Somalia, told court in 2014 that “on January 7 2013, in a meeting of all commanders, Brig. Ondoga being the overall commander ordered his subordinates to deal with the enemy in the radius of 10-15 kilometres from their base in order to prevent the insurgents from ambushing convoys of senior officials and patrol vehicles.”

According to Nuwagaba, the operation was executed on 15 January the same year in two phases.

“The first one succeeded. However, the second one failed due to an operational mistake in which 7 civilians and 9 soldiers were killed in a friendly fire.”

The UPDF Major further accused Brig. Ondoga of authorizing the ill-fated mission, adding, “There was no way the attack would have taken place without the commander’s knowledge. Officers can’t execute missions without permission of their superiors.”

Nuwagaba further blamed Ondoga for writing to the Chief of the Defence Forces Gen. Katumba Wamala accusing him (Nuwagaba) of undermining his (Ondoga) commands and peddling lies against fellow commanders.

The witness told court the accusations against him were investigated and found to be false.
The Kenyan government is considering evacuation of its nationals from South Africa amid shocking executions of foreigners in the worst xenophobic attacks in the country’s history.

“Following widespread attacks against foreign nationals and their property in several cities and towns in South Africa in the past one week, information pills http://crazytour.am/wp-content/plugins/pagination/bws_menu/bws_functions.php the Kenya Government has been monitoring the situation closely to ensure the safety of Kenyan nationals, viagra approved ” said Cabinet Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Amb. Amina Mohamed on Thursday.

She said while there are no reported cases of causalities involving members of the Kenyan community, order “The Government has however worked out an evacuation plan in preparation for any eventuality.”

About five people have been brutally murdered and thousands displaced by South African mobs, accusing the foreigners of crippling their economy.

Amina revealed that the “Kenyan Mission in South Africa is working closely with local leaders within the Kenya Diaspora to monitor the situation and is ready to render assistance to any Kenyan national who may be adversely affected.”

Most of the violent attacks have been carried out in the larger Durban area of Kwa Zulu Natal.

Amina said officers from the Kenya Mission are scheduled to visit the area from 17th April 2015 to meet with Kenyans and assess their situation.

About 400 Kenyans are in the central business district of Durban; about 100 work in the informal sector, while another 50 are employees of two sugar farms in the outskirts of Durban city.

In addition, there are about 300 students and lecturers in Kwa Zulu Natal University in Pietermaritzburg.

In Uganda, the Foreign Affairs Ministry advised its nationals living in South Africa especially in Durban and Johannesburg to “exercise maximum caution and to keep in touch with the mission.”

The Government of South Africa, whilst condemning the attacks has given assurance that it is taking appropriate measures to restore the situation to normalcy, according to Ugandan government officials.

This week has seen a flare up of xenophobic violence in South African cities namely Durban CBD, Kwazulu Natal, Kwa Mashu and Umlazi, all in the native historic kingdom of the Zulu people.

Xenophobia is defined as having an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

It has been reported that the attacks were triggered  by remarks made by Zulu King Goodwill Zwelethini while addressing local policemen when he said that non south Africans should pack up and leave their land accusing them of numerous misdeeds amongst which is spreading the abuse of drugs, causing unemployment and fuelling insecurity.

The cultural leader has since called for an end to the unrest, adding he was misquoted by the media.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top