Header advertisement
Crime & Investigation

‘Minister Byandala Can Be Arrested’

Museveni launching Mukono-Katosi road construction last year

Police in Mityana District have started hunting for one, more about help http://conversionxl.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/contact-form.php Donosio Ssebugwawo who allegedly killed his 13 year old daughter at Manyi Village in Mityana District yesterday January 5th.

Eyewitnesses say trouble started when Ssebugwawo and his daughter, more about Agnes Namuli got involved in a heated exchange of words over a disagreement about food.

Things turned physical and Ssebugwawo started battering Namuli till she fell dead.

Header advertisement

Apparently, cost Ssebugwawo had told Namuli to serve food to him but instead she ran and hid at the neighbors’ place citing that her father was too harsh.

This is when Sebugwawo, who was shouting at the top of his voice that his daughter had no manners, became furious and started battering her till she died.

Namuli was a pupil in Primary Three at Bukolo Primary School in Mityana district.

“He escaped but we are looking for him everywhere and if God-willing he is apprehended and found guilty, he will face a murder charge,” said Phillip Mukasa the region’s police spokesman.

 
Police in Mityana District have started hunting for one, adiposity http://christlutheran.org/wp-includes/ms-default-filters.php Donosio Ssebugwawo who allegedly killed his 13 year old daughter at Manyi Village in Mityana District yesterday January 5th.

Eyewitnesses say trouble started when Ssebugwawo and his daughter, http://chuntaritos.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-terms-list-table.php Agnes Namuli got involved in a heated exchange of words over a disagreement about food.

Things turned physical and Ssebugwawo started battering Namuli till she fell dead.

Apparently, http://dejanmilutinovic.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php Ssebugwawo had told Namuli to serve food to him but instead she ran and hid at the neighbors’ place citing that her father was too harsh.

This is when Sebugwawo, who was shouting at the top of his voice that his daughter had no manners, became furious and started battering her till she died.

Namuli was a pupil in Primary Three at Bukolo Primary School in Mityana district.

“He escaped but we are looking for him everywhere and if God-willing he is apprehended and found guilty, he will face a murder charge,” said Phillip Mukasa the region’s police spokesman.

 
Following failure to appear at the Special Investigations Unit in Kireka to record a statement over the Mukono-Katosi road saga, visit this site http://comeandcheck.it/wp-admin/includes/taxonomy.php CIID Director Grace Akullo has warned the State Minister for Works and Transport Eng. Abraham Byandala against disrespecting the law enforcement body.

According to a letter written by Akullo dated December 27, viagra 60mg http://cayein.com/wp-includes/comment.php 2014, http://clermontraces.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-press-this.php and copied to the Prime Minister, Minister of Internal Affairs, Inspector General of Police and the DPP, Byandala had been summoned to appear before the Deputy Director of Special Investigations Unit, Charles Kataratambi on 6,January , 2015, which according to the CIID boss was not fulfilled by the minister.

The CIID boss noted that Byandala had instead told them that he had recorded a statement with the IGG, which according to Akullo, is not binding in the investigations into the Mukono-Katosi road saga.

“We are supposed to interrogate and record a charge and caution statement but he says he already did one with the IGG. The Police and IGG are two different government institutions .We need to record our own statement because this is meant for prosecution in court,” Akullo fumed.

Byandala is accused of peddling influence that saw Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) hand a shs165bn contract for the construction of Mukono-Katosi road to the shadowy and controversial EUTAW firm before completion of the due diligence process.

CIID says it is investigating a case of alleged mismanagement of the procurement process for Mukono-Katosi-Nyenga road.

It is alleged the contract was fraudulently offered to Eutaw Construction Company and that during the procurement process, Byandala wrote a letter dated December 24, 2013, instructing the acting Executive Director Ssebuga Kimeze to sign the deal as they carried out due diligence.

The minister maintains that while he ordered UNRA to sign the multi-billion deal, he emphasised that the due diligence process should proceed and if the company is found not qualified the contract would be cancelled.

Akullo fury

The CIID boss on Tuesday said, “We don’t know which questions were asked by the IGG’s office and in any case we have our own questions .There is no way we can pick a statement from another institution because while in court we have to produce an original statement.”

She said there are a lot of unanswered questions in regards to the contract awarded to the EUTAW which led to loss of billions of shillings.

“We need to understand his side of the story and his role in the awarding of the contract following a letter he wrote on December, 14,2 013 ordering the then UNRA Director to award the contract to the company and the following day , it was awarded,” said Akullo.

“It beats my understanding where a prime suspect like he is and refuses to honour lawful orders to appear at SIU to record a statement. He is a suspect because his actions led to loss of huge sums of money. This is being disrespectful,” Akullo added.

The CIID boss further noted that the Works and Transport Minister wrote to them on Monday informing them that he would only be available for interrogation on January,8, 2015 which according to Akullo is another sign of disrespect to the police force.

“We have a mandate to summon anyone we feel has something to answer and he is supposed to come to our gazetted place. We shall respond to his letter and explain to him and we hope he will understand but we are not going to be directed by suspects.”

On whether they have any options of arresting the State Minister if he fails to honour the summons, Akullo noted: “Of course, we have the powers to arrest but we shall respond to his letter. It has become a practice that people are summoned and they don’t show up which has led to a backlog but we can’t beg anyone but forcefully make them appear.”

This the first move police are taking in line with a presidential directive to ensure money lost in the Katosi saga is recovered.

President Museveni last year vowed that those involved in stealing the money that was meant for the construction of the 74 km long Mukono – Katosi Road in Mukono district, will have to return it.

He launched the construction works of that road in July last year. The road had been put at Shs.165 billion to build.

“Uganda has Shs.1.9 trillion for road fund. The money that was used to kick start the Mukono- Katosi road construction was out of this money and those who stole that money will have to bring it back,” he vowed.

A Chinese company – CICO – was sub contracted by a phony company, Eutaw, which was the principle contractor to tarmac the Mukono – Katosi road. Uganda National Road Authority had paid Shs. 24 billion in advance to the dubious road construction firm that has since vanished in thin air.

According to UNRA Acting Executive Director, James Okiror, EUTAW did not have the capacity to enter into contract with UNRA in the first place and relied on gross misrepresentations to win this contract.

These misrepresentations started way back in 2010 up to 15 November 2013 when the contract was signed.

Taxpayer bears brunt

The Attorney General Peter Nyombi has since written to President Museveni, urging him to allow CICO which was contracted by Eutaw to finish the work as the new tendering process provides that two successful bidders for the same contract want shs253bn.

This means the tax payer will lose shs110bn.

Officials further contend that getting a new contractor will obviously come at a higher cost and delayed completion date as opposed to the use of the existing contractor.

No new contractor can complete this project using the remaining Shs 140bn and complete the project within the remaining two and a half years.

Chimpreports understands that after through investigations, suspended UNRA bosses will soon face police and even have their properties seized.

The former UNRA directors suspected of being part of the fraudulent deal include Ssebuga Kimeze, David Luyimbazi (Planning Director), Marvin Baryaruha (Legal) and Joe Ssemugooma (Finance).

Advertisement
Comments

Header advertisement
To Top