Further hearing of the case where Tabliq leader Sheikh Yunus Kamoga and 13 others are accused of participating in the murder of Sheikh Mustapha Bahiga and Sheikh Hassan Kirya has flopped this morning, visit this http://consumermedsafety.org/media/widgetkit/widgets/slideshow/slideshow.php after prosecution witnesses failed to turn up in court as earlier ordered by court.
During the last court sitting on Thursday last week, http://contentisbae.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups/bp-groups-loader.php the three justices of International Crimes Division Ezikiel Muhanguzi, http://cides.med.up.pt/templates/yoo_revista/warp/systems/joomla/menus/pre.php Percy Tuhaise and Jane Kiggundu ordered the state prosecution to carry out a speedy trial of this matter by producing at least two witnesses in each and every court sitting starting today.
But this morning, State Attorney Linno Anguzu informed court that they were unable to secure the attendance of the witnesses. She went on to ask for space to file a formal application regarding the security threats of five of their remaining witnesses.
“Five of the witnesses to testify in court are present in town but in our interactions with them last Friday they told us that they are receiving threats concerning their appearance to testify in this matter. We found substance in their concern and therefore pray this honorable court to allow prosecution to file a formal application for safety of the witnesses based on the rules of this court” submitted Anguzu.
If permitted she said, they would file their application today and serve the defense tomorrow, to enable court to hear the application by Thursday this week.
In reply, one of the defense counsels Mac Dusman Kabega didn’t object to this application but requested for ample time to consult with their clients before the matter is heard on Thursday.
In the ruling of three justices read by justice Muhanguzi, the judges allowed the state to file their application for protection of witnesses today.