Justice Michael Elubu, story http://conceptbath.com/wp-admin/includes/admin.php the Kabale High Court Judge has given the Kisizi Hospital board of directors until 7th July 2015 to have mediated with Jacqueline Tumuheirwe Africa, buy more about http://colombiareports.com/wp-includes/ms-blogs.php a news editor at Voice of Kigezi, unhealthy http://churchofthekingmcallen.org/wp-includes/embed.php after she sued the hospital for alleged negligence that led to the death of her baby while she gave birth in 2014.
The talks will be mediated by the Kabale Grade 1 magistrate Ronald Kamya Nsobya, and once nothing comes out, Elubu ordered the parties to report back to High court on 8th July 2015.
The hospital was represented by their lawyer John Kabandize, Moses Mugume the senior hospital administrator, Dr Francis Banya a consultant gynecologist and Dr Onesmus Ahabwe while Tumuheirwe was represented by lawyer Matsiko of Murumba of the Matsiko and Company advocates
Tumuheirwe, who had undergone a cesarean operation in her first pregnancy, says she checked in at Kisiizi Hospital on September 2, 2014 and one of the female white doctors named Hellen worked on her and advised her to report back the following day.
On returning home that night she experienced contractions and was rushed back to the hospital but she was told that she wasn’t ready. She pleaded that they operate her but the medics declined.
Tumuheirwe says it was until September 6th when an operation was conducted after she started discharging meconium (first stool of an infant), an indication that the unborn baby had been affected inside the womb, and the baby came out dead.
She says the doctors were negligent by failing to attend promptly to the victim requiring an urgent attention when they were in a position to do so.
Tumuheirwe wants to be compensated with shs 300 million for the loss of her child, and for the health facility to pay general damages and cost of the suit.