RWANDA: Fire Outbreak In Congolese Camp Kills Child
A fire outbreak in the Congolese refugee camp in Gihembe Cell, Kageyo sector, Gicumbi District, Rwanda killed one child and damaged property.
Elias Mucunguzi, 5, died from burns after the house where he was sleeping caught fire.
The child was sleeping with her parents when their mattress caught fire.
The fire was reportedly caused by a candle. Various household items were also destroyed.
The body of the deceased was taken to Gihembe Health Centre for a post mortem.
Authorities at the camp claimed that they detected the fire about 2am in the morning but camp residents extinguished it.
Police calls on citizens, to always be alert and watchful especially when using candles and other fire inducing items.
“They should be well put off,” says police publicist Theos Badege.
Police also warns against reckless use of candles as they are likely causes of fire outbreaks
Rate this article
Updated on 2013-05-09 09:25
|We Buy||We Sell|
|Cash||South African Rand||280||295|