Human Rights Network for Journalists-Uganda is set to drag Inspector General of Police, Attorney General and UCC to court for defying lawful orders if the government fails to re-open the closed media houses by Wednesday, May 29. ... Full story
President Museveni has proposed a three-pronged solution to the conflict in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. ... Full story
President Kagame and First Lady Jeannette Kagame have joined over 70 Heads of States and Government for the 50th Anniversary of the African Union themed “Pan - Africanism and African Renaissance.” ... Full story
President Yoweri Museveni has commended the African Union for supporting efforts geared at creating regional economic blocs like ECOWAS, COMESA, EAC, SADC and others, that are aimed at ensuring Africa is safe from economic marginalization and future re-colonization. ... Full story
- World Heritage Wants Virunga Oil Permits Cancelled
- Dam Row: Egypt, Ethiopia Hold Talks In Addis Ababa
- Fresh Internal Clashes Break Out In Kismayo
- DRC: UN Official Relays Hopes For Great Lakes Peace Effort
- Al Shabaab Step Up Attacks As Sierra Leone Deploys In Somalia
- AMISOM Decorates Somalia-based Ugandan Cops
- Behind The Sword That Broke Gen Aronda’s Back
- Analysis: Will Museveni, South Africa Invade CAR?
- Ntaganda Surrenders: What Next For Kampala Talks?
- Analysis: Is Uganda Fully Prepared For Kenya Elections?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Makerere University Riots
- Nile Republic MPs: Agents Of Change Or Prophets Of Doom?