Mbarara district Operation Wealth Creation coordinator Maj. Sam Murari has asked farmers to avoid selling the seeds distributed to them by government.
He said Mbarara farmers have enough gardens for the planting of the seeds especially during this rainy season to boost the agricultural sector in the district.
“We have been running up and down giving farmers a warning not to sell these seeds but to use them productively. So no one is permitted to use them to either sell or use them for food consumption since we have information that some do receive them and wash the chemicals spread on them and cook for survival; but this time around if you’re caught we shall arrest you., order http://dakarlives.com/wp-content/themes/listify/inc/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php ” he cautoned.
Murari made the remarks on Wednesday at Mbarara district offices while receiving 45 tonnes of maize to be distributed amongst farmers under the government programme of wealth creation.
He said the seeds are meant to fight poverty in this country.
“We had earlier fought guerrilla warfare for the peace of this country; so it’s now time to fight an economic war for all in Uganda, http://cmd-kenya.org/components/com_newsfeeds/helpers/association.php ” he noted.
The comments come against the backdrop of reports that seeds meant for planting to boost the agricultural sector are being misused.
Sam said government would continue supporting farmers and providing other inputs to advance the economy.
“Many people had earlier asked different inputs but because demand is very high, http://cutteraviation.com/wp-includes/ms-load.php we have started with maize and in a few weeks time we shall provide fish, bean seeds and cassava as well.”
Sam further advised the beneficiaries to take advantage of the government programmes in the district.
He warned against false reports that the army is distributing fake seeds.
CAO Mbarara District Chief Administrative Officer, Cuthbert Felix Ethoko said the quality of seeds has been proven good by the Ministry of Agriculture.
“These are high quality seeds for farmers to plant as the government tries hard to deal with the worsening poverty in the country.”
He said the bags of maize are branded with a certificate of germination from MAAIF.
“If any wealth creation officer distributes unbranded seeds with no certificate of germination to any farmer, be in position to reject the seeds and go ahead to report him/her so that we can arrest such an individual,” the CAO charged.
He said the seeds will be distributed to the farmers of Kashari, Rwampara and Mbarara municipality.
The trial of Bosco Ntaganda opened before Trial Chamber VI at the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, see http://chagoscantina.com/wp-includes/feed-atom-comments.php Netherlands on 2 September 2015 with the reading of the charges against the Congolese warlord.
Trial Chamber VI is composed of Judge Robert Fremr, Presiding Judge, Judge Kuniko Ozaki, and Judge Chang-ho Chung.
Upon receiving confirmation from Defence Counsel Stéphane Bourgon, Presiding Judge Robert Fremr was satisfied that the accused understood the nature of the charges.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges. The Court’s Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda and Senior Trial Lawyer Nicole Samson took the floor for opening statements.
The hearings will resume Thursday with the opening statements of the Legal Representatives of the two groups of Victims in the case, Sarah Pellet and Dmytro Suprun, as well as the opening statements of Defence Counsel Stéphane Bourgon.
Mr Ntaganda may also make an unsworn oral statement. After a short break, the start of the Prosecution’s presentation of evidence and the testimony of the first witness is scheduled on 15 September 2015.
Background: Bosco Ntaganda, former Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Force Patriotiques pour la Libération du Congo [Patriotic Force for the Liberation of Congo] (FPLC), is accused of 13 counts of war crimes (murder and attempted murder; attacking civilians; rape; sexual slavery of civilians; pillaging; displacement of civilians; attacking protected objects; destroying the enemy’s property; and rape.
Other alleged war crimes include sexual slavery, enlistment and conscription of child soldiers under the age of fifteen years and using them to participate actively in hostilities).
Ntaganda equally faces five crimes against humanity (murder and attempted murder; rape; sexual slavery; persecution; forcible transfer of population) allegedly committed in Ituri, DRC, in 2002-2003.
Mr Ntaganda is in the Court’s custody.