The Uganda government has disclosed that Rwenzururu militants, viagra 40mg http://chaosoffroad.com/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-tax.php known as ‘Kilhumira Mutima’, this http://crmsoftwareblog.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/videopress.php used heavy weapons to attack police units in Kasese, more about http://cooperatition.org/wp-includes/class-pop3.php hence attracting a firm response from security forces.
UPDF Commandos stormed the residence of Rwenzururu King Wesley Mumbere before arresting him on Sunday.
Guards who put up resistance were felled by a storm of bullets.
Opposition groups have since protested what they described as highhandedness on the part of government in addressing the Rwenzururu crisis.
But addressing the media in Kampala on Tuesday, Internal Affairs Minister Gen Jeje Odong said tensions rose as early as November 21- a week before the storming of Mumbere’s palace.
“On the 21st of Nov 2016, a regional security meeting was convened at Kabarole District Local Government Headquarters which was attended by RDCs, District Chairpersons and security leader from the seven districts of Rwenzori,” recalled Odong.
The meeting resolved that all camps which had been established by Kilhumira Mutima in Kamabale village of Nyabiswa sub-county in Kabarole, Ihandiro sub-county in Kasese, Kakibuta and Kakimiara both in Hima Division of Kasese be dismantled by security forces.
On learning about these impending operations, said Odong, the cultural guards started attacking police stations and police posts.
“These attacks were carried out in a similar manner across the district where 16 policemen were killed and 6 guns stolen,” said the minister who previously served as army commander.
“They also ambushed and burnt a police patrol vehicle which had gone to Kiburara to reinforce the unit there. In all these incidents, the attackers used assault rifles, petrol bombs, grenades, machetes, spears and daggers.”
Some of the weapons police say were used in the attacks have since been displayed before the media at Kasese police station.
The Minister said in response to these attacks unfortunately, 46 cultural guards have lost their lives while 149 have been arrested.
He said most of the attackers “Kilhumira Mutima” retreated into the palace with their weapons.
Speaking to the media in Jinja on Monday, FDC President Maj Gen Mugisha Muntu said government forces should have sealed off the palace to allow for negotiations with Rwenzururu.
He said the commando raid exposed government’s impatience and enthusiasm to use force to address the Rwenzururu question.
However, Odong said negotiations were held with Mumbere by “both security and political leaders for the attackers to surrender and handover the weapons.”
The talks did not bear fruit.
“In this operation, an assortment of weapons were recovered from the palace, including, 07 (seven) Sub-Machine Guns (SMGs), pistols, ammunition, machetes, spears Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), and 16 petrol bombs,” said Odong.
He praised security forces for ensuring the safety of His Highness, the Omusinga.
“The King was arrested and is in safe custody at Nalufenya police station. It is expected that His Highness will cooperate with the Police and help in explaining his role in these criminal attacks,” he added.
“The joint security forces are continuing with investigations in this matter. Appropriate legal action will be taken on all those who have been apprehended.”
He also named security forces killed in the Rwenzori attacks:
Sgt Joseph Kule
Detective Cpl Richard Elai
Cpl Patrick Anywar
Cpl Kasim Kaluba
PC Thomas Malinga
PC Robert Baluku
PC Gaetano Awachi
PC Edward Periyo
PC Henry Oyuci
SPC Cyprian Masereka
SPC Jonathan Bwambale
SPC Christpher Kamango
SPC Salimo Luzinda