Election 2016

ELECTION SAGA: Besigye Considers Supreme Court Lawsuit

Col Besigye says he is walking to the EC offices on Monday Morning

Defeated Presidential candidate Dr Kizza Besigye has threatened to march to the Electoral Commission (EC) headquarters in Kampala to demand “their (EC) hard copies of what they announced” in the February 18 election as he ponders on a possible law suit.

Observers say this could mark the beginning of what he calls a defiance campaign against the sitting government.

Addressing journalists at his residence in Kasangati, viagra 40mg medications http://crownheights.info/wp-includes/class-walker-page.php Wakiso district on Sunday, http://d4462130.u92.platformpublishing.com.au/wp-content/plugins/events-manager/classes/em-category-taxonomy.php Besigye said FDC “rejects the February election results” and that “the disenfranchisement of our people was deliberate.”

Header advertisement

He expressed shock that complete results from Wakiso, http://crazytour.am/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/mail.php Rukungiri and Kasese are yet to be included in the total vote count by the Electoral Commission.

Besigye, who has previously ruled out seeking legal redress, this time round said the party “reserves the right to petition the Supreme Court challenging the outcome of this election.”

The FDC candidate, who polled 35 percent in Thursday’s election, took the second position after Museveni who won with 60 percent.

In the 2001 and 2006 elections, Besigye accused the ruling president of rigging elections before heading to the Supreme Court which did not rule in his favour.

However, the highest court in the land agreed with him that the election was marred by electoral malpractices.

Besigye today said during the course of next week, his party will assemble what is required to establish the basis of their future actions.

He also reiterated his call for an independent audit of the election results with the representation of the international community, NRM and FDC officials.

Besigye, who participated in the NRA war that brought president Museveni to power in 1986 before serving in high profile government positions, urged supporters to end the blockade at his residence.

President Museveni today endorsed Besigye’s preventive arrest, saying he would not be allowed to “disturb our peace.”

The United States government has since urged Museveni to “immediately” end the house arres effected by police on Friday night.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top