Tomorrow Thursday, mind http://chopcult.com/wp-content/plugins/easy-instagram/templates/images/secure.php President Yoweri Museveni will for the first time attend the first sitting of the opening 10th Parliament in which members will be electing their speaker and the deputy speaker.
ChimpReports has learnt the President will not only witness the event from his Parliament’s office but is will also enter the Chambers where the election is going to take place. He will also make remarks at the close of the exercise.
The program released by Parliament this evening listed Museven’s entry into the National Assembly as part of the agenda.
The National Resistance Movement party’s Central Executive Committee and the Caucus have already decided to maintain Rebecca Alitwala Kadaga as the Speaker and Jacob Oulanyah as her Deputy.
But independent candidate and Kampala Central MP Muhammad Nsereko is contesting the deputy speaker’s seat, sale http://davepoulin.ca/wp-includes/class-wp-http-ixr-client.php and recently refused to step down for Oulanyah.
Last weekend, Nsereko was hounded out of a meeting at State House in Entebbe, after President Museveni failed to convince him to leave the race.
Some observers were suspicious that President’s attendance of the election is to intimidate his party members who have expressed interest in the youthful Nsereko.
Parliament’s publicist Chris Obore however says, the President is no stranger to Parliament and that he has no one to intimidate since a massive majority of the members as NRM.
The Kampala MP is nonetheless confident that the president’s presence at Parliament will change nothing.
Below is full program for tomorrow
TIME OF COMMENCEMENT: 10.00 A.M.
- REMARKS BY HIS LORDSHIP THE ACTING CHIEF JUSTICE
- READING OF RULE 5 OF THE RULES OF PROCEDURE ON THE ELECTION OF THE SPEAKER AND DEPUTY SPEAKER
- NOMINATION OF CANDIDATE(S) FOR THE OFFICE OF THE SPEAKER AND NOMINEE(S) GIVING CONSENT TO THE NOMINATION
- ELECTION OF THE SPEAKER PRESIDED OVER BY THE ACTING CHIEF JUSTICE
- ARRIVAL OF H.E. THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA ANTHEMS – NATIONAL ANTHEM EAC ANTHEM
- DECLARATION OF THE RESULTS
- REMARKS BY THE ACTING CHIEF JUSTICE
- ADMINISTRATION OF OATH TO THE SPEAKER BY H.E. THE PRESIDENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 82 (10) OF THE CONSTITUTION AND THE SECOND SCHEDULE OF THE OATHS ACT (CHAPTER 19 OF THE LAWS OF UGANDA)
- HANDING OVER OF THE INSTRUMENTS OF POWER BY H.E. THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA TO THE RT. HON. SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT
- STATEMENT OF ACCEPTANCE TO THE POSITION OF THE SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT 13. RESUMPTION OF THE HOUSE
- COMMUNICATION FROM THE CHAIR
- NOMINATION OF CANDIDATE(S) FOR THE OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY SPEAKER AND NOMINEE(S) GIVING CONSENT TO THE NOMINATION
- 16. ELECTION OF THE DEPUTY SPEAKER
- DECLARATION OF RESULTS
- ADMINISTRATION OF OATH TO THE DEPUTY SPEAKER BY H.E. THE PRESIDENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 82 (10) OF THE CONSTITUTION AND THE SECOND SCHEDULE OF THE OATHS ACT (CHAPTER 19 OF THE LAWS OF UGANDA)
- HANDING OVER OF THE INSTRUME OF POWER BY H.E. THE PRESIDNT OF THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA TO THE RT. HON. DEPUTY SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT
- STATEMENT OF ACCEPTANCE TO THE POSITION OF THE DEPUTY SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT
- REMARKS BY H.E. THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
- ANTHEMS IN REVERSE ORDER