The South Sudan rebel movement leader Dr. Riek Machar has condemned the appointment of 28 governors for the controversial newly created states and asked the country’s President Salva Kiir to withdraw his decision.
On Christmas Eve, stuff http://chicagoarchitecture.org/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-press-this.php president Kiir issued yet another decree dissolving the functionality of the original 10 states and consequently effected the operation of the new states. 28 governors were also named in the same unilateral decree.
Dr. Machar who signed a peace treaty with the government of Kiir in August this year and also designated to be the First President has accused the actions of the latter as being inclined towards the escalation of the two years old war.
In a statement released yesterday evening, viagra buy Machar said the effecting of 28 states and installment of their respective governors is against the spirit of implementation of peace talks agreement that the two sides consented to.
“The appointments of governors for the 28 states violate the principles of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement we signed in August and already started implementation. I call upon President Kiir to rescind his decision to give peace a chance,” Part of Machar’s statement
Machar also called on the regional powers under IGAD that brokered the peace deal and the international community to put pressure on Kiir to abandon the move that he said threatens peace implementation.
The Comprehensive Peace Agreement was signed based on the original 10 states that distributed power share amongst the two groups of Kiir and Machar.
The government of Kiir was expected to maintain control of the seven states that were largely not affected by the internal conflict including Juba state that houses the capital city.
Meanwhile Dr. Machar and his group were expected to take control of the three states most affected by the conflict in the two oil richest states of Unity and Upper Nile.
Just a month after signing the agreement, Kiir however fragmented the 10 states into 28 literally distorting the arrangement based on the peace accord.
The newly appointed governors are
- Hon. Natisio Loluke-Imatong State
- Hon. Luois Lobong Lojore-Namorunyang State
- Hon. Afikaano Monday-Maridi State
- Hon. Joseph Kachipo-Amadi State
- Hon. Patrick Raphael-Gbudwe State
- Hon. Augustino Jadalla Wani-Jubek State
- Hon. Juma Ali Malou-Terekeka State
- Hon. David Lokonga Moses-Yei State
- Hon. Elias Waya Nyipuoc-Wau State
- Hon. Ronald Ruai Deng-Aweil State
- Hon. Rezik Zechariah Hassan-Lol State
- Hon. Deng Deng Akuei-Aweil East State
- Hon. Bona Panek-Twic State
- Hon. Abraham Gum Makuac-Gogrial State
- Hon. Akec Tong Aleu-Tonj State
- Hon. Rin Tuec-Eastern Lakes State
- Hon. Abraham Makoi Bol-Western Lakes State
- Hon. Madang Majok-Gok State
- Hon. Dr Joseph Monytuil-Northern Liech State
- Hon. Teker Riek Dong-Southern Liech State
- Hon. Mayol Kur Akuei-Ruweng State
- 22.Hon. Phillip Aguer Panyang-Jonglei State
- Hon. Dr William Othuon- Western Nile State
- Hon. Chol Thon Balook-Eastern Nile State
- Hon. James Kok Ruey-Western Bieh State
- Hon. Peter Bol Kaong-Eastern Bieh State
- Hon. Peter Lam Both-Latjoor State
- Hon. Baba Medan Konyi-Boma State.
FDC Presidential candidate is back on the campaign trail after celebrating a brief Christmas with his aides and the people of Moyo, web http://chompdigital.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/_inc/genericons.php Chimp Corps report.
On Saturday, click http://cmlsociety.org/wp-content/plugins/events-manager/buddypress/bp-em-groups.php Besigye said he had no time to spend on celebrating the festive season thus heading to Lefoli where he is holding rallies.
Lefoli is located in Maringu Sub-county, http://chipinhead.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/markdown/easy-markdown.php Moyo District
Besigye, who has thrice lost to President Museveni in national elections, said election disputes will not be resolve in court but on the streets.
Besigye said ?he would continue grassroots mobilisation despite warnings from security chiefs that attempts to instigate an insurrection would trigger consequences for him.
“?Power 10 will go on as planned,” said Besigye in reference to mobilisation of 10 campaigners from every cell across the country.
“If the NRM think it is illegal to mobilize against their intended election rigging let them go to court for redress,” added Besigye.
Security chiefs recently warned presidential candidates against recruiting militia groups, saying such acts cultivate ground for post election violence.