Features

Bakoko To Return from Exile

IMG_81313408108019

Seldom has any local game filled the 45, purchase http://chios.ro/wp-admin/includes/screen.php 000 sitter Mandela national stadium Mandela but the 2015 Masaza cup final between Singo and Buddu clan will surely go down in the books of history as the only local football match (up to date) apart from The Cranes that filled the monumental home of sports to the brim.

Despite the earlier showers and chilly weather fans from both sides started streaming in hundreds as early as 9AM ready to ‘defend’ their clan pride by cheering their respective teams.

After centre referee Brian Nsubuga blowing the final whistle, recipe it was Singo who had the last laugh trouncing their opponents 5-0.

Lubega Idiriisa was the man of the match with a clean hat trick, information pills Buddu supplementing with an own goal in a match that Kabaka Ronald Muwenda Mutebi was the guest of honor.

Go forward presidential hopeful, Amama Mbabazi was also in attendance.

Earlier on, Bugerere beat Bulemezi clan by 2-0 to console with the third place spot.

Match officials:
Brian Nsubuga -Center Referee
Ronald Katenya -1st Assistant
Samuel Kakembo -2nd Assistant
Aisha Ssemambo -4th Official
Catherine Adipo -Match Assessor
Sam Mpiima -Match Commissioner

Winners.
2015- Singo
2014 -Gomba
2013-Mawokota
2012-Bulemezi
2011-Buluri
Seldom has any local game filled the 45, hospital http://chat.novaintermed.ro/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-customer.php 000 sitter Mandela national stadium Mandela but the 2015 Masaza cup final between Singo and Buddu clan will surely go down in the books of history as the only local football match (up to date) apart from The Cranes that filled the monumental home of sports to the brim.

Despite the earlier showers and chilly weather fans from both sides started streaming in hundreds as early as 9AM ready to ‘defend’ their clan pride by cheering their respective teams.

After centre referee Brian Nsubuga blowing the final whistle, pharmacy http://danielpyne.com/wp-includes/class-wp-user-query.php it was Singo who had the last laugh trouncing their opponents 5-0.

Lubega Idiriisa was the man of the match with a clean hat trick, remedy http://debiontheweb.com/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/jetpack.php Buddu supplementing with an own goal in a match that Kabaka Ronald Muwenda Mutebi was the guest of honor.

Go forward presidential hopeful, Amama Mbabazi was also in attendance.

Earlier on, Bugerere beat Bulemezi clan by 2-0 to console with the third place spot.

Match officials:
Brian Nsubuga -Center Referee
Ronald Katenya -1st Assistant
Samuel Kakembo -2nd Assistant
Aisha Ssemambo -4th Official
Catherine Adipo -Match Assessor
Sam Mpiima -Match Commissioner

Winners.
2015- Singo
2014 -Gomba
2013-Mawokota
2012-Bulemezi
2011-Buluri
The violence in Burundi continues to worsen with more dead bodies riddled with bullets being found on the streets of Bujumbura.

On Friday afternoon, viagra 60mg http://childrensclasses.org/wp2012/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/holiday-snow.php unknown gunmen opened fire in a crowd outside the currency exchange centre hear Hotel “Le Bouquet” in the capital city.

Two people were killed in the shooting.

On Saturday night, order http://citizenspace.us/wp-content/themes/coffeebreak/includes/custom-functions.php heavy gunfire and explosions rocked Mutakura area in the north of Bujumbura where government forces are said to be fighting rebels.

The town has borne the brunt of heavy fighting in the last few weeks during which scores have reportedly been killed.

“We keep in doors all day because of the daily shootings. The situation is no longer bearable, http://davepoulin.ca/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php ” said 35-year-old Olive Mukarurinda in Mutakura.

Police are being accused of human rights violations by ransacking people’s homes and intimidating opposition supporters opposed to the regime of President Pierre Nkurunziza.

The country slipped into chaos as soon as Nkurunziza moved to secure a third term in office.

Eyewitnesses said disappearance of perceived opposition supporters is gradually becoming the order of the day.

22-year-old Paul Ndayiragije was recently picked from his home in Burambi commune, Rumonge province and his whereabouts are currently unknown.

In Ngagara, according to police sources, three explosions were heard on Saturday night.

The military rushed to the scene thus putting in place several roadblocks to intercept suspected insurgents.

Police spokesman Pierre Nkurukiye confirmed that the law enforcement body was getting increasingly concerned by growing levels of violence in the country.

He, however, assured police commitment to restore peace and order.

Nkurukiye said in Mutakura, “two assailants were killed and two police officers injured in the fighting.”

He said the attackers used grenades to blow up houses in the area.

Impunity 

On Sept. 28, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights  reported an alarming upsurge in arrests, detention and killings in Burundi since the beginning of September, and urged the country’s authorities to fight against impunity.

“Almost every day, dead bodies are found lying on the streets of some of Bujumbura’s neighbourhoods,” Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein said in a news release.

“In many cases, the victims appear to have been killed by a bullet fired at close range. The bodies sometimes show signs of torture and are typically found with their hands tied behind their backs.”

Reports received by the High Commissioner’s Office (OHCHR) suggest that many of these people had been arrested by the police or by the National Intelligence Agency (SNR) prior to their deaths.

“This succession of unexplained killings, and the widespread perception that they may be linked to State institutions, is instilling a deep sense of fear within the population, especially in neighbourhoods known to be supportive of the opposition,” said the High Commissioner.

Since April 2015, OHCHR has registered 134 killings and hundreds of cases of arbitrary arrest and detention.

Some of these cases stay in pre-trial detention over the maximum duration allowed under international law.

Search ops

The High Commissioner added that there has been an intensification of search operations allegedly aimed at seizing illegal weapons in specific neighbourhoods of the capital, Bujumbura.

“Young adults seem to be particularly targeted, with many of them alleging they were accused by the authorities of intending to join rebel groups based in neighbouring countries,” he said.

OHCHR has documented more than 90 cases of torture since April 2015.

It has also been receiving many allegations of torture carried out by police or the SNR, with the reported aim of forcing victims to confess to participation in an armed rebellion.

“Because crimes as serious as extrajudicial executions and torture are going unpunished, more people are looking to take the law into their own hands. There is an increasing risk that spiralling tit-for-tat violence will plunge the country back into its bloody past,” the High Commissioner warned.

Government speaks out

The Vice-President of Burundi, Joseph Butore told the General Assembly that the recent presidential elections were “a great success, despite the violent protests” that, he said, transformed into an “insurrection” in some parts of Burundi’s capital.

He stressed that parties who, “having decided to turn away from the ballot box,” want to “spread trouble to justify the impossibility of organizing the electoral process.”

“After the elections, the Government of Burundi has just opened another political phase, that of dialogue, a dialogue that aims to be inclusive, sincere and open to all topics,” he added.

On recent events, he recalled there had been a coup, which failed, and on 24 August, a new Government was formed.

This government, he said, has now opened a new political phase of dialogue that is inclusive, sincere, and open to all.

On freedom of the media in Burundi, Butore said of 20 private media organizations, three radios and one television company were facing investigations because of their alleged role in the coup, while other media continues to operate.

Mr Butore also said that those arrested during the coup will benefit from “equitable justice and will have the right to their own defence.”

On Friday, the UN Secretary-General met with Mr. Butore and expressed concern over the situation in Burundi.

Mr. Ban called for an inclusive political dialogue to resume without further delay.
Former Minister of Gender, there http://cremeriavienna.it/wp-content/plugins/ultimate_vc_addons/params/ultimate_number.php Labour and Social Development Zoe Bakoko Bakuru has moved to end self-imposed exile, prostate http://closdescapucins.fr/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/functions.php Chimp Corps report.

This was revealed by Presidential Press Secretary, Linda Nabusayi on Saturday.

Nabusayi said Bakoko met with Museveni in United States this week over her return.

“She wants the President to help her return home,” said Nabusayi.

Bakoko fled to exile in U.S. in 2006 after the Inspector General of Government commenced criminal proceedings of abuse of office against her.

Bakoko had been accused of approving a private company to enter into a joint venture with the National Social Security Fund (NSSF, making the workers’ pension scheme to lose sh8b.

In a letter of September 30, the acting IGG, Raphael Baku Obudra, withdrew charges of abuse against Bakoko after failing to trace her but said she would be arrested once spotted by authorities.

“Take note that the Government of Uganda intends that the proceedings against Bakoko Bakoru Zoe, charged with abuse of office and James Isabirye, charged with bribery of a member of a public body under the Prevention of Corruption Act, shall not continue,” the letter said.

The head of prosecution at the Inspectorate of Government, Sydney Asubo, said: “Several attempts were made to arrest Bakoko and Isabirye but we have up to now failed to arrest them, so the inspectorate has decided to withdraw charges against them.”

After the IGG directive, Buganda Road Court Chief Magistrate Vincent Mugabo withdrew the charges against Bakoko and Isabirye but issued criminal summons for Geofrey Onegi Obel, the former NSSF board chairman, to appear on charges of abuse of office and causing financial loss.

According to the IGG’s report, Bakoko got the agreement to construct the housing estate in the morning and approved it in the afternoon without consulting the Cabinet and the Attorney General.

Prosecution had accused Isabirye of offering $350,000 (about sh700m) to Leonard Mpuuma, the former NSSF managing director.

The money was meant to influence Mpuuma to allow NSSF enter into a joint venture with Isabirye’s company, Mugoya Construction Company.

Mpuuma pleaded guilty to causing financial loss and paid sh100m to NSSF. Thereafter, the charges against him were dropped.

Onegi-Obel is said to have caused the financial loss following the botched $225m (about sh400b) Nsimbe Housing Estates deal between NSSF and the Kenya-based construction guru, Isabirye.

Prosecution said Onegi-Obel, between 2003 and 2005, caused NSSF to go into a joint venture with a private business company without subjecting it to competitive prequalification and without a feasibility study.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top