News

EXCLUSIVE: Two Soldiers Shot Dead At Bombo Military Barracks

abortion http://childrensclasses.org/wp2012/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/_inc/header.php geneva;”>Military sources have told Chimpreports that Pte. Simon Peter Opelia (RA. 06037), ambulance http://chompdigital.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/infinite-scroll.php attached to the barracks, shot and killed Captain Tom Sekito and Sgt Mike Okoth.

The shocking incident occurred at around 2 pm on February 4.

Army publicist Col Felix Kulayigye was not readily available for comment.

The motive behind the shooting remains unclear since the killer managed to escape out of the barracks before being apprehended.

“The killer is still on the run but we shall soon get him to answer for this heinous crime of indiscipline,” a source at the tightly-guarded military installation told this investigative website.

The incident comes hardly a month when the UPDF Court Martial sentenced Cpl. Herbert Rwakihembo to 35 years in jail for murdering three women in Kisenyi, Luzira, Nakawa Division last year.

Speaking at Tarehe Sita celebrations on Wednesday Chief of Defence Forces Gen Aronda Nyakairima said the army was now professional than in the past.

While the army usually describes such cases as “isolated incidents”, observers say there is need for stepped up training to eradicate indiscipline manifested in the misuse of guns.


Header advertisement
Comments

Header advertisement
To Top