The bus, web registration number UAK 393T belongs to Ubuwe Bus Company.
Police said in a statement that its driver Bashir failed to negotiate the corner and swerved off the road hitting a bicycle rider who died on spot.
According to Police South South Western Public Relations Officer, IP Matte Elly the accident was as a result of reckless driving by Bashir who is currently on the run.
The deceased was identified as Kikangyi Geresomu, 52, a resident of Ihanga parish, Rubaale sub-county in Kabale district and Edith Nalwaga,35, a resident of Kawempe in Kampala.
The passengers were mainly students of Makarere University of the National and Pan African Affairs and a group of Uganda Patriotic Voluntary organisation.
They were from Kisoro where they had gone to attend a memorial services in honor of the late John Kale. The late John Kale was the father of the Inspector General of Police, Lt. Gen. Kale Kayihura.
Those who were injured critically are
1. Abraham Olupot Abraham, 25, a student of Makerere University
2. Pastor Helen Aketch from Kasokoso, Kireka
3. Akol Bonny, 20, Makerere University
4. Godfrey Salongo of Kasokoso, Kireka
5. Priva Kumugisha, 25, from Rubindi in Mabrara
6. Kennedy Kafricana, 20
7. Bruno Ngabirano, 20, a student of Makerere University
8. Aisha Zikulabe, 25
9. Sam Tumwa, 25, of Makerere University
10. Annet Namulindwa, 35
11. Swab Kwesiga, 35
12. Bonny Katansa, 27 a student of Makerere University
13. Lordson Muhindi, 23, a student of Makerere University
14. Paul Katabula, 24, Makerere University
Police said the injured are currently admitted at Kabale Referral Hospital and Rugarama Hospital.