News

Uganda Muslims’ Painful Struggle To Travel To Mecca

Ebola_0020_558352300

Header advertisement

viagra 40mg geneva; font-size: small;”>In a press release issued on Thursday evening, visit Uganda hajj Mission leader, Sheikh Ibrahim Hassan Kirya, says they have received information through the Saudi Arabia consulate in Kampala that all Ugandans intending to go for Hajji this year 2012 have not been yet cleared due to Ebola outbreak.

The epidemic was declared in the South Western districts of Uganda in July 2012 but has since been fully controlled, according to officials at the Ministry of Health.

“The information available from the ministry of health to the government of Saudi Arabia indicates that the Ebola outbreak has been contained and Uganda will be declared free of the epidemic on October 4, 2012, having undergone 41 days of no case reported,” said Kirya in Kampala.

“This information was forwarded to the Saudi Arabia government on September 17 2012, although up to now no reply has been received from the Saudi government to this effect,” he noted with concern.

Kirya said it’s worthy to note that all Hajj companies in Uganda are likely to lose large sums of money in Hotel and Airline bookings along other legal implications since they had already committed themselves to the trip expenses.

Efforts to contact the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Amb. James Mugume, were futile.

“Uganda Hajj Mission wishes to appeal to Government of Uganda to intervene and assist Hajj Companies not to lose huge sums of money,” said Kirya.

Uganda Hajj Mission also urged the government of Saudi Arabia to clear Uganda pilgrims for the Hajj year 2012 and have a special consideration for them.

“We also appeal to the intending pilgrims to be calm while the Uganda Hajjji Mission is working on a solution. In the meantime, all the intending pilgrims should contact the offices where they registered for more information,” said Kirya.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top