pharm geneva;”>Guards used water and soil at 3am to put out the fire that razed down the Primary School’s girls’ dormitory.
price geneva;”>“The deceased was found burnt to ashes in a fire which was suspected to have originated from a candle which was within the dormitory,” said Kampala Metropolitan Police Spokesperson Ibin Ssenkumbi.
“We rushed to the school and stopped the fire with the help of the residents of Kibibi town,” he added.
He said police are investigating circumstances under which the girls’ matron, a one Lukonge, left the kids alone in the dormitory late in the night.
“Lukonge was not in the dormitory at the time the incident happened. Since these are young children, they should not have been left on their own. That’s why we have arrested her,” Ssenkumbi said.
15 injured kids have been rushed to Kibibi Health Center for treatment.
This is the second fire incident at a school in Central region within a period of two weeks.
Merryland Secondary School in Entebbe was recently burnt by unknown thugs.