E.A Live News

Khartoum Gives 130 Juba Police Trainees 10 Days To Quit

salva_kiir_832144203

see http://ciencialili.org/cache/gantry/e3625f22983f7563ae9a0f3fe508c832-cache-gantry-30b8374611ea59d89c8ea3b1f69bdcfe.php sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;”>They have now been given ten days to leave Sudan.

South Sudan’s minister of Interior, health http://crunchydomesticgoddess.com/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/submit.php Hon. Alison Manani Magaya says he had received information from the head of South Sudan’s embassy in Khartoum that all the cadets were dismissed.

Header advertisement

Magaya said no sound justification was given. He further said the cadets who were not given their transcripts, pilule got their details taken and expressed worry over their safety. He said there were three batches of cadets, batches 63, 64 and batch 65.

“Our message as a government to the authorities in Khartoum is that they are entirely responsible for the safety of these cadets until they are received by the government of the Republic of Sudan,” he said.

Magaya said the government is making all efforts possible to bring them back home.

“We would like to inform the general public and the international community, as it has been the position of our President Salva Kiir Mayardit, that the government will always ensure that any foreigner in the Republic of South Sudan including the Sudanese nationals who are already foreigners as of 19th of April 2012 will be accorded full protection to lives and to property,” he explained.

Magaya expressed shock to these new steps taken by the government in Khartoum especially after they had earlier on accepted willingly a request from the President of the Republic Salva Mayardit Kiir to allow the cadets to continue with their studies there.

This is the second instance in less than a week that the government of Khartoum is allegedly taking such steps.

On Sunday Dr Barnaba Marial Benjamin, the minister for Information and Broadcasting who is also the government spokesman, accused security operatives in Khartoum of invading the house of the Vice President of South Sudan H.E Dr. Riek Machar taking with them a 15 year old boy whom he said had undergone an open heart surgery.

The new development confirms the escalation of hostilities between the two countries as a full blown war between their forces battle for the oil-rich town of Heglig.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top