information pills http://chernichovsky.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwelve/page-templates/front-page.php geneva; font-size: small;”>Stephen Dhieu Dau, this web http://dchnf.dk/wp-admin/includes/noop.php the country’s oil minister said in an interview with Sudan Tribune that his ministry has filed a lawsuit against Khartoum in “specialised international tribunals.”
“We are not leaving it just like that. The Sudanese government must return all they have stolen otherwise we are taking them to court”, minister Dau said without elaborate on which tribunals.
Minister Dau said Khartoum started in December diverting more than 120,000 barrels per day of oil pumped from the new nation, which took with it 75% of Sudan’s oil reserves when it became independent in July 2011.
The two sides have failed to reach a new deal over transit fees, with north Sudan demanding $36 for every barrel that passes through northern infrastructure as well as $1 billion in unpaid fees. Sudan also wants South Sudan to share part of its international debt.
Sudan’s government has said it is keeping the oil in lieu of pipeline transit fees it says are owed by landlocked South Sudan.
Juba on Friday announced it was stopping all oil production until its oil was returned and a “fair” fee was agreed, Sudan Tribune reports.
Oil constitutes 98% of revenues in South Sudan, but officials say it is better keep it under the ground and sell it in the future, instead of allowing Khartoum to steal it from them.
The new nation accused Khartoum of preventing ships from entering to load entitlements belonging to South Sudan and confiscating what has been loaded onto ships.
Juba claims that Khartoum has stolen $350 million worth of its oil and prevented over $400 million of it from leaving Port Sudan.
“We have starting looking for alternative route for exporting the oil after we have reached a deadlock with Sudan, which is exaggerating in the oil transit fees,” South Sudan’s oil minister Dau said on Sunday.
Eight Pupils feared dead in Kabale accident
Over eight pupils of Homecare Preparatory School in Kabale are feared dead after the lorry they were being ferried in overturned, New Vision reports.
The accident occurred at about 8.45pm Sunday evening at Rushambya in Kabale district when the lorry carrying about 200 pupils failed in its ascent uphill and rolled backwards into a nearby stream.
The pupils of classes Primary six and seven were reportedly returning to their school under the cover of darkness from Lake Bunyonyi from where they had been taking holiday classes.
The disguise was a way by the school authorities to avoid being nabbed by district officials tutoring the pupils yet holiday classes are outlawed by the education ministry.
Initial reports suggest up to eight pupils died on spot but the traffic police on the scene have been able to confirm only one death so far.
The injured, most of whom suffered broken limbs, have been admitted at Kabale Hospital.
Mugesera Deportation Ruling Today
A Canadian court will today give its final ruling on whether Genocide fugitive Leon Mugesera should be deported to Rwanda or not.
The latest twist in the ongoing legal battle of the fugitive’s deportation to Rwanda played out in the Quebec Superior Court courtroom, on Friday, as his lawyers fought hard to buy him more time in Canada.
Earlier, Canada was poised to deport the 59-year former linguist lecturer but the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Committee against Torture (OHCHR-CAT), made a surprise intervention, requesting for a delay of the deportation order until it has investigated his claims that he would be tortured upon deportation.
During the hearing, a federal government lawyer, Lisa Meziade argued that the Canadian government spent over six years evaluating the risk of the possible torture of Mugesera, when deported, and found none.
She highlighted that the federal government is not bound by UN treaties, even if the country ratified them, if they are not incorporated into domestic laws, The New Times reports.