for sale http://coffinpump.com/wp-admin/includes/revision.php geneva;”>Disband Cabinet, prescription http://commongroundwi.org/wp-admin/includes/class-core-upgrader.php Kintu Musoke Tells M7
President Museveni yesterday found himself under more pressure from within his party when a former prime minister asked him to disband the government over mounting concerns about widespread corruption.
Mr Kintu Musoke’s advice was contained in a hard-hitting 12-page presentation on “Managing Internal Party Dynamics for Sustainable Development” at the on-going NRM Parliamentary Caucus retreat in Kyankwanzi.
Sources at Kyankwanzi quoted the former premier warning Mr Museveni that if he does not cleanse his government now since “most of its members are tainted with allegations of corruption”, the opponents of misrule will aim for him.
“Mr President, you should be weary of these censure moves because after the censure movers finish the ministers, they will come for you,” he reportedly said.
“The appointing authority should consider disbanding the cabinet and re-constitute it afresh to get rid of the rotten tomatoes,” a party official quoted from the ex-premier’s 12-page paper, Daily Monitor reports.
Binaisa’s Son Ordered To Go For Treatment
The High Court has delayed the trial of Francis Binaisa Birungi, son of former Ugandan president Godfrey Binaisa, who is facing defilement charges, on grounds that he may not be mentally fit.
Justice Albert Rugadya on Tuesday adjourned the trial to April18 to enable Birungi undergo treatment for three months, New Vision reports.
“The accused is unable to make his defence. He shall undergo treatment for three months after which court will resume with the trial,” Justice Rugadya said.
Binaisa Birungi 54, who is accused of aggravated defilement of a 12 -year old girl, was due to open his defence against the charges on Tuesday but his lawyer Yunus Kasirivu told court that his client was not mentally fit to defend himself.
Kasirivu said although Birungi has had no record of mental illness, he has exhibited unpredictable behavior that includes verbal aggression.
Julius Muron, a psychiatrist from Murchison Bay Hospital recommended that Birungi undergo treatment for three months to enable him regain his mental status.
Five witnesses have testified against Birungi. Prosecutors allege that the accused [Birungi], between November2010 and April 2011, had sexual intercourse with a girl below the age of 18 years.
Prosecutors further allege that Birungi defiled the girl three times until the victim reported the matter to her teacher who in turn reported the matter to police.
Trevidic Reports Marks End Of An Era
Last week’s findings of a judicial inquiry commissioned by French judges, Marc Trévidic and Nathalie Poux, marks the end of an era and brings to close 17 years of lies, the Minister of Justice has said.
Tharcisse Karugarama was yesterday addressing a news conference, in which he said that conclusions of the four-year investigation had exposed the country’s “detractors who have been distorting and misrepresenting facts”.
The New Times Reports Karugarama dismissed claims that the report was not the end to the conflicting theories about the circumstances that surrounded the downing of the Falcon 50 jet that was carrying former President Juvenal Habyarimana.
“This is a case file that is finished as far as we can see,” he said.
The inquiry corroborated a 2010 Rwandan finding that the missiles that killed the former leader, his Burundian counterpart, Cyprien Ntaryamira, a French crew, among others, were launched from Kanombe military base, which was under the full control of Habyarimana’s elite units.
“To say that the plane was shot from Kanombe is not new. There is a UN report, the Mutsinzi Report, the Carlson Report, the report of eminent persons, the British Military Academy and investigations by the ICTR, which all pointed at Kanombe,” said Karugarama.
“But let’s say maybe it wasn’t shot from Kanombe, it doesn’t make any difference because Masaka was also under the control of forces of Juvenal Habyarimana. On April 6, 1994, RPF forces (then a rebel group) were far from this area,” Karugarama said.
US Interested In S. Sudan Oil -Russia
Russian state media claim that the US backed the secession of South Sudan and offers it military support because it wants the nascent state’s oil.
Mouthpiece for the Russian Ministry of Defence, Krasnaya Zvezda (KZ), published an article on 12 January claiming the US administration has sent five senior military advisers to Juba for “information gathering, strategic planning and development of military operations“ [translation] and has approved the sale of military equipment to South Sudan.
The US has been a vocal proponent of South Sudan, a oil-rich state which gained its independence on 9 July 2011.
KZ claim that US president, Barack Obama, wrote to secretary of state, Hilary Clinton stating that the sale of arms to South Sudan is in the security interests of the US.
KZ’s suggestion that “Western companies have almost absolute control over the oil resources of the country“ [translation] is less plausible as the dominance of the Sudanese and South Sudanese oil sectors by Eastern companies is well documented.
However, it is probable that Western companies intend to stake a claim in the South Sudanese oil sector.
KZ cite the deployment of 7,000 UN peacekeepers in South Sudan and the 100 US Special Forces troops assisting the Ugandan army in the fight against the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) as indicative of the US intention to stake a claim in the state.
The US pays the lion’s share of the UN’s budget and is one of the organisations most significant players.
Mbowe In ‘Secret’ Meeting With JK
President Jakaya Kikwete and Chadema national chairman Freeman Mbowe held informal talks at State House in Dar es Salaam on Sunday, sparking speculation on the agenda.
Mr Mbowe, also the leader of the opposition in Parliament, confirmed yesterday that they had a three-hour meeting but said he would give the details only after the burial of Chadema MP Regia Mtema, who died in a road accident at Ruvu in Coast Region on Saturday.
He spoke with The Citizen at the Karimjee Hall grounds, where he had joined tens of hundreds of people, including government leaders and leaders of political parties, to pay last respects to the MP, who died at the age of 32.
“It’s true that I met President Jakaya Kikwete over the weekend,” Mr Mbowe said. “We discussed issues but I cannot go into the details of what transpired between us. Try to find me after the burial of Mtema.”
State House officials would not confirm the meeting, with the President’s assistant press secretary, Ms Premi Kibanga, saying she had been on leave and was not aware of such a meeting.
The air of secrecy did not go down well in some quarters, with a lecturer at the University of Dar es Salaam, Mr Bashiru Ali, accusing Mr Mbowe of “privatising democracy” in withholding the details of meeting.
Since Mr Mbowe was a follower of democratic principles of democracy, Mr Ali said, he ought to have publicly declared what was discussed. In politics, he added, there was no such thing as secret or informal talks.
“I suspect the talks centred on the process of remaking the constitution,” Mr Ali added. “Chadema leaders met the President in November last year on the issue and they principally agreed in some areas.” His colleague, Dr Azaveli Lwaitama, said every citizen was eager to know what they spoke about. But he speculated that the two leaders might have discussed the formation of the constitutional review commission that will collect views from the people.
Uhuru And Ruto: ICC Ruling Will Not Stop Us
Two presidential aspirants on Tuesday vowed to forge ahead with their campaigns even if the International Criminal Court indicts them over the 2008 election violence.
Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and Eldoret North MP William Ruto insisted they would be in the race for the top seat irrespective of what The Hague court rules.
The remarks come just days before the ICC releases its verdict on the pair and four others alleged to have planned, sponsored and executed the chaos in which 1,133 people were killed and 650,000 uprooted from their homes.
The others are Tinderet MP Henry Kosgey, Head of Civil Service Francis Muthaura, radio presenter Joshua arap Sang and Postmaster-General Hussein Ali, Daily Nation reports.
Mr Kenyatta said on Tuesday after launching the 2012 public Budget hearings at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre:
“My campaign is not anchored on the ICC process, but on an agenda that I have for the country. These are processes that will ultimately come to an end and should not derail our campaigns.
“What is important is for Kenyans not to panic but to remain calm and maintain peace and continue to build the country.”
Separately, Mr Ruto said he was confident that his latest political vehicle, United Republican Party (URP) would form the next government.