News

Makerere Female Students Take 46% Degrees

makerere_446064071

purchase more about http://catrinmacdonnell.co.uk/wp-admin/maint/repair.php geneva; font-size: small;”>Chancellor Mondo Kagonyera, prescription http://constinta.com.br/v1/templates/yoo_venture/warp/systems/joomla/layouts/content.php whose term of office was recently extended by four years, http://citrusresearch.org/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/includes/shortcodes.php will preside over the function ending January 20.

Makerere Academic Registrar Alfred Masikye Namoah said preparations for the ceremonies are in high gear.

Masikye has today Monday told press at Makerere a total of 42 students will graduate with Phds.

“28 are males while 14 are females,” he said.

Masikye said 646 male and 386 female students will graduate with Masters Degrees.

Masikye added: “15 male and three female students will graduate with post graduate diplomas. 259 students have completed their undergraduate diploma courses. In this case we have 105 male and 154 students,” he said.

Undergraduate students are 9671 in total with 5079 males and 4592 females.

This implies this academic year, Makerere will confer 11,022 degrees.

Females take 46.7% of the degrees, confirming the improved girl child education in the country, leaving male students with 53.3%.

Makerere publicist Ritah Namisango says students were alerted last year to finalise all requirements necessasry for graduation.

“We hope they are very ready for the graduation,” Namisango said.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top