FDC Boss Addresses Media On Besigye Illness


FDC Deputy Spokesperson Toterebuka Bamwenda a few minutes ago officially clarified their leader Col. Kizza Besigye was in good health.
Toterebuka told at party headquarters in Najjanankumbi Township, rx Kampala that Besigye is now as strong as a rock.
“Much as Besigye had some flu, dosage it was not true he was terribly ill as the media portrayed, here ” Torebuka told media a few minutes ago.
“I can assure you that Col. Kizza Besigye is ok. There is no need for panic. We call upon our supporters to keep firm,” Toterebuka noted.
“Besigye had gone to see his family in New York for thanksgiving. The speculation should stop,” Toterebuka added.

Rumours about Besigye’s terrible health started flying all over Kampala last Thursday.

Header advertisement

Social media reports indicated Besigye’s ?health ?w?a?s???? dancing on the heads of snakes.

While a media organization Sunday said Besigye had telephoned them saying he is in good health, FDC has no option but to offer more evidence to substantiate the cl?a?i?m?s?.? ??????


Medical experts are wondering why Besigye has never recovered from ‘flu,’ since he fell sick on November 3.

The FDC stalwart was on November 20 flown to United States for treatment of ‘flu’.

Speaking to this news-breaking website last week, FDC chief Administrator Wycliffe Bakandonda said the party suspects Besigye was sprayed with a poisonous gas during a brutal arrest in April at Mulago round-about, Kampala.

Bakandonda says shortly after Besigye was brutally arrested at Mulago round-about in April, his once vibrant health has never been the same again.

Besigye’s eyes were sprayed with teargas by policemen as he resisted arrest. Police used sledge hammers and pistol butts to smash the windscreen of his Land Cruiser.

On that day, intelligence revealed that Besigye had organised a gang of over 10,000 youths to storm Kampala for a deadly street battle with security forces.

Besigye was subsequently rushed to Kasangati Police Station where he rolled on the floor in excruciating pain.

He was then transferred to the Surgery, a medical facility in in Kololo for treatment. As fears of possible blindness hit peak levels, Besigye was flown to Nairobi Hospital in Kenya.

Shortly after, Besigye was taken to United States for specialised treatment.

According to Bakandonda, the Mulago attack was more than an arrest.

“It was a very deadly operation. They had a plan to kill him,” Bakandonda recounts.

“We have been doing an inquiry into the matter. We have doctors in United States who have been investigating whether Besigye was poisoned in April during the Mulago arrest,” Bakandonda says.

“Our people have been dying one by one. We never know what kills them,” he adds.

“There is a medical inquiry regarding Besigye’s health. We want to get to the bottom of this matter. We want to resolve this issue once and for all,” Bakandonda adds.


Header advertisement
To Top