News

EXCLUSIVE: NTV ‘Suspension Could Last a Year’

MUSEVENI_871052215

side effects http://condomking.in/includes/contacts_23feb.php geneva; font-size: small; line-height: 150%;”>This website Wednesday broke the news that State House communicated to NTV news department about the story in which the television said President Museveni was among senior government officials who were asleep during the reading of the national budget last week.

sildenafil geneva;”>

Header advertisement

State House officials said Museveni was not asleep as alleged by NTV but ‘meditating’ with his eyes closed.


Now, more information obtained indicates that government officials are considering a year-long deferral “to study the motives of this television.”


A source told Chimpreports: “NTV has been ridiculing the President and senior government officials for a long time. The media must learn that the President should be respected because he is a fountain of honour.”


NTV last night claimed on its Twitter handle that it was yet to receive an ‘official communication’ from State House.


Special Forces Command spokesperson, Maj Chris Magezi said, “sometimes the President closes his eyes at social functions but he is not always sleeping but meditating.”


Magezi further said State House “is reviewing its relationship with NTV so that we don’t jeopardise each other’s work.”


Asked how long the suspension would last, Magezi responded: “I am not aware about that.”


Pressed to explain whether NTV can in the resume covering presidential functions as State House reviews its journalists’ conduct, Magezi stated: “Not in the meantime.”


He said the ‘review’ was triggered by “so many issues which have been cropping up over a period of time. We need to improve our working relationship with NTV because we need each other. We must reach a harmonious ground for mutual benefit.”

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top