help http://comotenerunabuenaereccion.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader-skins.php geneva; font-size: small; line-height: 150%;”>The express orders were communicated to the head of news department at the television, physician Maurice Mugisha on Tuesday morning.
Sources said the decision to temporary blacklist NTV followed a news story in which reporters alleged that President Museveni was among government officials who were deep asleep during the reading of the national budget last week.
Officials told this website that Museveni was not sleeping as alleged by NTV but meditating with his eyes closed.
“Even during our internal meetings at State House, he sometimes closes his eyes to meditate. This is not a new thing,” said a high ranking official.
“All we want is NTV to give respect to the President. Whether you like him or not, you can’t make fun of him in a very disparaging way. A President is a President.”
Maj Chris Magezi, the Special Forces Command spokesperson, refused to comment on the matter.
“Let us discuss this matter later,” said Magezi when contacted on Wednesday.
NTV’s Mugisha could not confirm or deny the latest development. He asked: “How did you get this info?”
This is not the first time NTV is locking horns with government.
It was once switched off air, with government accusing the popular television of being supportive of opposition activities including demonstrations.
It remains unclear when the ban will be lifted.