pill http://copperking.co.zw/components/com_k2/templates/default/latest_item.php geneva; font-size: small; line-height: 150%;”>The development has puzzled observers with many wondering why FARDC, visit web http://cutteraviation.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php which is known to be less powerful than the battle-hardened and more experienced Rwanda Defence Forces (RDF), would risk Rwanda’s wrath.
It was earlier thought that the Wednesday morning clashes between FARDC and RDF were accidental.
However, Chimpreports understands that today morning; FARDC again pounded Busasamana in Rwanda, sending hundreds scampering for safety.
Sources at the border said DRC troops were bringing tanks closer to the Rwandan border and that some FDLR elements were embedded within FARDC apparently as part of a wider plan to launch a full-scale war on Rwanda.
“There are hundreds of DRC soldiers at Ruhunda who poured in under the cover of darkness. By morning, almost a battalion had reached there. The soldiers appear to be in a war mood,” said a Corp at the border of the two countries.
FARDC claims killing some Rwandan soldiers, but Kigali on Wednesday announced that only 5 of DRC soldiers had been killed in the fighting.
The Rwandan government on Wednesday sternly warned it “stands ready to act to protect its citizens,” following attacks by elements of the DRC army.
In a strong-worded statement, Rwanda Foreign Affairs Minister, Louise Mushikiwabo said “a series of actions by the DRC continue to undermine regional efforts towards peace,” adding, “The DRC government should take care not to cultivate unnecessary provocation and stop its soldiers from repeatedly crossing into the Rwandan villages.”
Rwanda revealed that on Wednesday morning in Rusura cell in the sector of Busasamana, a section of the DRC army crossed the border to Rwanda where they opened fired on a Rwanda Defense Force (RDF) patrol.
“The RDF retaliated and the resulting exchange of fire killed one FARDC soldier identified as Hategekimana Boysiro. The RDF immediately requested the Extended Joint Verification Mechanism for an independent assessment but their access to the site was denied by DRC authorities.”
Government also pointed out that the “morning attacks were followed by a second attempt by two FARDC platoons to deploy into Rwanda that resulted in further exchange of fire leaving four FARDC soldiers dead.”
DRC army spokesperson, Olivier Hamuli denied accusations that FARDC attacked Rwanda.
“RDF soldiers attacked our positions in Kanyesheja around 5:00am which compelled FARDC to react accordingly,” said Hamuli.
This website understands Rwanda has also tightened security along its border amid the escalating tensions.
These attacks come less than a year after a series of bombs were launched on Rwandan territory by FARDC during the war against the M23 movement in Eastern Congo.
This includes an attack in August 2013 where a bomb launched from DRC territory landed in a marketplace in Bugangari, killing Vestine Mukagasana and seriously injuring her two months old son.
Mushikiwabo warned the DRC leadership against any further hostilities:
“These actions by the DRC are jeopardising the region’s extensive efforts to ensure peace, stability and development for all our citizens. We urge the leadership of the DRC to embrace the logic of peace and end all attacks on the Rwandan territory. Rwanda stands ready to act to protect its citizens.”
Rwanda said in the past three months, the DRC has unilaterally closed its border with Rwanda, imposed visa fees despite regional and bilateral agreements and failed to honour their commitment to neutralise the FDLR militia operating in the DRC for the last twenty years.