this http://ciprs.cusat.ac.in/wp-includes/script-loader.php sans-serif; color: #222222;”>According to the Kigezi Regional Police Fire Fighting Brigade Commander, Sunday Buchana, the fire started early midday while the business owners were inside their shops.
Buchana said that the first business to catch fire belonged to a one David Kasigwa and sons located at Kisoro Taxi Park along Kabale Kisoro road.
Traders managed to rescue some goods
David Kasigwa and sons deal in general merchandise worth millions of money.
Buchana noted that the fire broke out as a result of an electric circuit but later expanded and destroyed the whole building before the Police Fire Fighting Brigade could be called to contain the situation.
Alot of property was destroyed
He warned the landlords and the tenants against using the wooden ceiling saying, that after the short circuit, the wooden plywood lit up and destroyed the entire surrounding buildings.
He also appealed to landlords against using paints which require paraffin before being smeared on the walls saying, that it becomes very easy for fire to spread in case of an outbreak.
One of the burnt buildings