cure http://comeduraredipiu.com/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/framework.php geneva;”>Mihigo recently admitted at a press conference in Kigali that he had participated in efforts aimed at causing a violent change of government in Kigali.
pilule geneva;”>According to the plan, pharm simultaneous attacks would be carried out on Rwanda territory by rebels with the view of seizing a Province after which the international community would intervene to press for peace talks between exiled opposition leaders and President Kagame.
According to leaked messages between Mihigo and Rwanda National Congress leader Callixte Nsabimana, alias Sankara, the plan had the support of Tanzania and a BBC journalist.
Sankara said the plan to topple Kagame would be executed in April.
However, Mihigo advised that President Kagame should be killed instead of rebels pouring into Rwanda.
Impeccable sources said security has been tightened in all provinces of Rwanda and a hunt for possible internal collaborators is underway.
“You will hear of more casualties. All infiltrators and collaborators of this scheme will be brought to book,” said a source, who preferred anonymity given the sensitivity of the matter.
Sources told Chimpreports on Friday that investigators are now looking for more individuals and countries involved in the plan to destabilise Rwanda.
In the evidence which prosecutors will table to pin Mihigo, Sankara said he was in company of “someone who is supposed to help our group with where we are will make our ‘declaration’. Tanzania is ready to help us, give us full security and help us by all means.”
Mihigo asked, “when would that be (declaration of war)?” the RNC official responded: “April.”
Sources intimidated claims by Sankara that Tanzania was part of the alleged plot are being taken seriously in Rwanda.
It should be remembered that Rwanda and Tanzania have in recent years been at bad terms due to Kigali’s fears that President Jakaya Kikwete’s government is sympathetic to the FDLR, a DRC-based militia whose leadership is responsible for the 1994 genocide in Rwanda.
Kikwete last year came under fire for calling for talks between FDLR and Kigali at the African Union Summit in Ethiopia.
“ADF is attacking Uganda and FDRL is doing the same to Rwanda so efforts should be made to end such attacks. Talks should be held between governments and rebels hiding in the DRC where they launch attacks against their countries of origin. Military operations against the rebels will not yield fruit,” said Kikwete.
Rwanda’s Foreign Affairs Minister swiftly made a counterattack, describing Kikwete’s statements as “aberrant” and “shocking.”
“Those who think that Rwanda today should sit down at the negotiating table with FDLR simply don’t know what they are talking about,” charged Mushikiwabo.
Kagame said then that “speaking casually and calling on us to negotiate with the killers of our people is utter nonsense.”
Speaking at the graduation ceremony of 45 army officers at the Rwanda Defence Forces Staff and Command College, the President described Kikwete’s idea as dancing on the “mass graves of our people.”
Though he did not mention Kikwete, Kagame maintained proposals that Rwanda should hold talks with FDLR are premised on “ignorance” and “ideological problems.”
“I kept quiet for the contempt I have for it (FDLR talks) because I thought it was utter nonsense spoken out of ignorance. We must be left to live our lives the way Rwandans want to live them,” charged Kagame. He further said “RPF did not seek revenge when it had every reason to be tempted…I don’t think anybody should be having issues with us.”
Tanzania has consistently denied supporting armed groups to destabilise Rwanda.
However, while most regional leaders attended events in Rwanda to commemorate 20 years after the genocide, Kikwete was conspicuously absent.
Kizito Mihigo, Cassien Ntamuhanga, Jean Paul Dukuzumuremyi and Agnes Niyibizi, who were recently arrested separately in connection with subversive activities admitted to the crimes and confirmed working for the Rwanda National Congress (RNC) and the FDLR genocidal forces which have been operating in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo since 1994
The RNP announced that they had foiled plans by Dukuzumuremyi, to carry out grenade attacks in Kigali and Kigali City Tower in particular.
Dukuzumuremyi was found in possession of six grenades at the time of his arrest, which RNP suspects were to be used to carry out the attacks.
While speaking to the media on April 15, the four suspects admitted planning to carry out terror attacks, assassinate political leaders and mobilize the public to revolt against the government.
Mihigo, a local musician, who pleaded to be pardoned, said he had been promised the post of the ‘Minister of Culture,’ once the government is overthrown.
“I was put in charge of mobilizing and recruiting Rwandans, especially the youth, to revolt against the government, which today I realise is a grave mistake I made,” Mihigo said.
Dukuzumuremyi admitted to being in charge of conducting terror attacks while Ntamuhanga admitted to having been the coordinator of all the subversive acts.
Police spokesperson ACP Damas Gatare, confirmed that the suspects’ case files had been forwarded to prosecution.
Assistant Commissioner of Police, Theos Badege, Commissioner for Criminal Investigations Department said Dukuzumuremyi Jean Paul had been promised Rwf 3 million upon completion of the terror plans and had already been paid an advance fee of Rwf 300, 000.
ACP Badege said they will be charged under articles 461, 462, 463 and 499 of the Rwandan penal code.