shop http://clbattery.com/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-options.php sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 200%;”>The media are also educators and informers.
Through constructive criticism, the media highlights the gaps in Government program implementation, which also helps to work towards closing them and improve service delivery.
The media also support development process by relaying unpacked/ simplified information about various opportunities available for our people under the different Government programmes.
The Minister also welcomes suggestions about what the Government needs to do to improve the media relations and publicity for public programs through the media.
The Government must there for balance the presumption of freedom of expression with the responsibilities, for example to respect privacy, to be fair, to avoid unjustifiable offence and to provide appropriate protection for the audiences from harm.
The Human Rights Act 1998 recognizes the right to freedom of expression, which includes the audience’s right to receive creative material, information and ideas without interference, subject to restrictions in law.
It also recognizes the right to private and family life to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
In order to enhance the communication function, the Ministry has taken a lead in conducting sector specific research and development of content for dissemination.
• This will however entail all Ministries to establish communication Units like Public Relations Officers.
• Designate an Officer(s) who will provide information in absence of the Minister of Permanent Secretary;
• Align and make available all communication materials including press statements to the Minister, the Uganda Media centre for purposes of having a unified response to any issue.
• Ensure the Communication Units send to Ministry of Information and National Guidance, weekly reports of their sector activities for purposes of coherence and updating the Government Web Portal and also having ready information in case any editors want it then its readily available.
• Ensure that respective sectors maintain updated informative and interactive Websites.
It is the responsibility of stakeholders to organise the industry to ensure improved ethical conduct and professionalism.