check rx http://clinicapetterson.com.br/wp-includes/class-wp.php sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 200%;”>On Wednesday morning the police and Red Cross transported the 20 bodies on their trucks but upon arrived at the Uganda-Democratic Republic of Congo DRC border at Busunga to hand over the bodies to the Congolese Authorities for burial they were denied entry.
They were turned down by the Congolese authorities who refused to receive the bodies.
The Congolese officials reportedly said they are tired of burying the bodies and lack enough burial space.
Samuel Bamukoka the chief of Batalinga at Busunga border said according to their culture, Congolese do not burry bodies that have spent over 75 hours.
He added that they had buried more than 50 bodies since Saturday incident and don’t want to bury anymore bodies.
Basikania Hamipaji of the office of the prime minister discloses that their trucks ferried back the bodies to Uganda after they were denied to bury them there.
He said they talked to prison authorities to have the bodies buried at Bubukwanga transit camp for refugees in Ntoroko who also said that they had no enough land.
Basikania said on Wednesday evening that they were in a meeting with Bundibugyo district officials to persuade them and have the bodies buried in a mass grave in a government land there.
The number of bodies that have so far been retrieved from Lake Albert following the Saturday morning boat tragedy has reached 112.
The boat was transporting Congolese refugees who were escaping from Kyangwali in Hoima district through Ntoroko returning back to DRC citing poor sanitary conditions and hunger at the camp.
According to police, it is estimated that about 250 people were on board.