Buikwe Stadium Cleared to Host League Games


cialis 40mg healing geneva; font-size: small; line-height: 200%;”>Masembe will now sit the football players’ agent exams scheduled to take place at FUFA house on April 4.

for sale prostate geneva; color: #222222; font-size: small;”>

Header advertisement

viagra order pilule geneva; color: #222222; font-size: small;”>According to FIFA rules, nobody can become a football players’ agent while holding another position in any member associations like FUFA.

Since Moses Magogo’s taking over as FUFA president late last year, 14 of the 84 delegates have resigned in the field of football.

According to Edgar Watson, the FUFA CEO, the Federation is aware of the delegates who have resigned and is waiting for the electoral committee to issue guidelines so that fresh elections can be conducted.

Masembe has been a delegate since 2008 but has decided to take the profitable side of the game, according to sources.

shop sans-serif; color: #222222; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;”>Buikwe was banned last year when a game between hosts Vipers and SC Villa was stopped half way as fans turned violently on each other.

This was revealed by FUFA Vice President in charge of the league, Mujib Kasule, in a weekly press briefing at FUFA House in Kampala on Wednesday.

“We have inspected the works since the violence last year on application and we have been satisfied with the work that has been done. We have therefore recommended that the stadium can be reused,” stressed Mujib.

He added that prior to the reopening of the stadium, Vipers FC had accepted the punishment by the league licensing board where the stadium was closed indefinitely stressing that following the suspension, the club had worked on it and ensuring it’s safe to host matches.

“We are giving them a benefit of doubt as a footballing town to see to it that they have sensitized their fans and we hope they will act responsibly. A lot of emphasis is put on security and Vipers will be held accountable in case of any violence,” the FUFA Vice President warned.

He further noted that precautionary measures have been put in place by the federation but stressed that they will keep monitoring the situation.

In another related development, the FUFA Super League licensing board has ordered for a replay of the botched FSL match between Masaka LC and Police FC at Mityana grounds according to Mujib Kasule.

He explained that investigations into the causes of the abandonment of the game indicated that it was the referee who led to the halt of the game.

“In the 68th minute Police FC scored from a corner and the referee allowed the goal but Masaka LC players attacked his assistant. The centre referee after consultation with his assistant disallowed the goal forcing Police FC players to surround him demanding him to change his decision. Masaka LC players also came in which left him puzzled and stopped the game because he thought it was not safe to continue with it,” explained Mujib.

He added that according to rules and regulations, if a game is abandoned by the referee, it’s replayed in totality noting that the Masaka -Police game would be played at a neutral ground in Mityana at a later date.

He explained that the date had not been set citing the appeal tabled by Masaka over the board’s decision which he said has to be looked into before the match day is set.


Header advertisement
To Top